case fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

flycastingnut

Beta member
I am building a new system using an old Gateway case. I am putting case fans on both the front and the back of my case. I am thinking of putting one as an intake to blow air in, and the other one as an exhaust to blow air out. Is this a good set up? Or should I put them both as exhaust? Im going to have to modify my case slightly in the front for the 80mm fan I ordered, I already have a case fan in the back. This is my first build and I was just curious what ya think of a fan set as an intake? The only problem I can think of is it may blow dirt/dust etc into my case. Does anyone run a fan setup like this? Thanks!! P.S I already have a HD fan, my Graphics card has a fan on it, and I have a Pci slot fan, and a "case" fan in the back of my case, my new AMD Cpu I ordered comes with a heatsink fan. But it sounds like a good idea to have an intake fan? I plan on overclocking slightly when my new mobo/cpu gets here!!

This is the true proper way for good airflow. Most cases have a mesh like entrance in the front to prevent dust though so depending on how you are modding the case you may just want to go dual exhaust.

Still any fans you can fit in will help.

It's good to have one intake to one exhaust, but if you have an odd number of case fans it is better to have one more exhaust than intake.

Just dust your computer every once in a while and it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom