your kiddin me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always buy cheap parts and I havnt had any problems at all yet.
My 512mb ram only costed me 40$ CAD.

Oh how I LOVE newegg.......:D

We all know what happend when I sent my cpu back right :D

ahhh....that was a good day

turns out the ram was just dusty.. kinda shot out my expectations for getting new stuff >_<

Law said:
I feel that it's a waste of money when new parts go bad just after the warranty ends...my god do these thing have timers on them or what?
I get people that work that ask me about that.

Normally if it's about 4 weeks after the warranty has expired, the manufacturer might honour it. This is normally to allow time for that product to go through the sales and distribution channels.

I managed to get seagate to do a warranty job on a hard drive that was 6 months out side the warranty period.

Static_11 said:
turns out the ram was just dusty.. kinda shot out my expectations for getting new stuff >_<
NO NEW MEMORY MODULE SMELL FOR YOU THEN!!!

john3 said:
im not sure it will work if u play dumb, i will keep that in mind though.
I do it alot if i suspect that I am going to have a problem.

You should see the number of times where I do warranties where I....
1. Procees it from Home or from a freinds house. I normally dumb down my computer knowledge a bit.

2. I choose a name of a computer store that has
* Gone out of business
* Changed their business name for some reason.
* Got busted by microsoft for hardloading ($1 million fine and it forces the company to change business names)

3. Claim I purchase the goods come "the computer market" and get a freind to write up a hand written invoice. Or even come up with an invoice with Microsoft Word. Like I still have the MS Word Template that was used from my first computer job.

4. I get them to send the parts to a residental address, and not my work one.

And then there is the other line that i use at when i am processing the parts via work and I can not be stuffed trying to test it myself and with most WiFi Products.
"I have sent out the replacement client's site, and it works fine"
This only works if you work in a computer store. And you can only do that with the same manufacture so many time. The last few RMA with Netgear, they wanted to know a lot more details on how i tested the hardware than they normally excepted in the past.

And If I am trying to get a quick and new reaplcement, I just tell the manufacturer that "I just sold this product to my client last week and it's died. It's D.O.A.". However only do that trick if you know that the manufacture's DOA policy is not "SEND IT BACK TO THE SHOP OR DISTRIBUTOR FOR A REPLACEMENT"
And this trick does not work if you have all ready registered your hardware. I have noticed that this is getting more and more commen these days.

Anyways, there is a few trick on fudging warranty on your goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom