you know your comp is old when .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
furtivefelon said:
huh? How can your harddrive be hotter than CPU unless you start a fire and dance around it? Old harddrive isn't that hot.. at least 6 year old harddrive isn't..
I have a family comp that is new and then I have one that was build a ways back.
It is a p 3 550 mhz I am kinda bumed out that I want a new one 4 my self.
cpu 30 C
HD 34 C
no kidding that is the temps

when you case is sun-stained to a golden-brown instead of the normal beige/white from your windows.

I have skylights in the room where my computer is... the sun is CONSTANTLY on it.

Crysalis said:
when you case is sun-stained to a golden-brown instead of the normal beige/white from your windows.

I have skylights in the room where my computer is... the sun is CONSTANTLY on it.

I think you've stumbled upon a solution to the albinism that plagues so many computer geeks, lol... (Take note whitey!)

Haha. I love the formula "You know your (noun) is (adjective) when..."

BTW, you know your computer is old when the amount you paid to build it yourself is now equal to the cost that Dell currently sells it for :).

when IE looks like this
xIE.png

When (Current Version) of Office has min. specs greater than your computer's specs.

When internal modem driver do not want to work on your comptuer as they require a min. of an MMX Processor.

When your ISP's Tech Support says "Sorry, we don't not support computers that old."
Optusnet refuses to support you computer on any of their connections if it's lower than a P-100.

When your ISP's Tech Support says "Sorry, we don't not support computers that old" ; after you managed to get MS Windows 98 running.
Again, OptusNet. True Story.

When you computer's motherboard as VESA extenstion on your ISA slot for your VGA card.

When your hard drive size is still mensioned in Mb.

When the capasity of a CD is bigger that your total hard drive capasity.

When you have SIMM memory modules.

When you have CD Rom drive requires you to insert your CD Rom via a caddy.

When 8 3/4' Inch Floppy Drives.

When you have maxed out your colour depth, and you can still count all the colours (all 16 of them).

When the cost of repairing your computer is greater that what it is to purchase another one with exactly the same specs.
Happens too many times in my job.

When you do not have a PS2 Port for your mouse or keyboard.

When it makes a funny clicking noise and starts to let out smoke.

Fzzzzzz Pop.

And no you can't kill old Pentium stuff, cept with a scale model of a trebuchia. But thats another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom