will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
However in doing this, you are creating some redundancy between your Toshiba Gigabeat and the Coby DVD player as some of the Coby DVD players can act as a MP3 player too. So really, instead of trying to hook up your on portable device to another portable devie, why don't you just put your MP3 on to DVD or CD and play them directly from Coby DVD player.

good point

At one side, they look like RCA, the other side that they look like a headphone jack.

Newegg.com - macally Audio & Video Cable for iPod Model AVCABLE - Retail

that thing

wait, one thing I just realized: if you are hooking the audio up to your car stereo, thru the headphone jack...what will you be doing? conecting your device to your dvd player, then from the dvd player to the stereo with another cable? sounds to me like you will be loosing some audio quality there (if it works)

EDIT: wow, on that last dvd player link, i just looked at it, and how the heck are yous posed to connect it to an mp4 player? the way it looks like they have it, the only way I can see it working for what you want it to, is if you custom made your own adapter for the video, and just have the audio go to the stereo. but the unit only has outs, theyre in's when you have a master and slave unit, maybe that cigarette lighter thing has something to do with it?

It might be. But I will reply as soon as Norcent appologises for his earlier outburst.

dang that had to hurt. Sorry Harper but i was referring to bmx and freaky cause you wheren't too harsh. Sorry i was just in one of those moods cause i ordered something online and didn't get it which its been 2 months and i didn't get my money back yet so I was thinking its a scam. I don't care now cause i won some money online but i hope i get that money i won.

The cable that you get with the DVD player has a custome jack that looks rather simulare to a stereo jack. However after having a close look at it you can tell that there is some thing different about it as it has 3 black rings as appose to 2. On the other side, you will have a connect that looks like you standard RCA jacks.

So with tha being said, provided that your gigabeat as some sort of RCA output, then you should not have a problem.

However as I was posting earlier, the Coby DVD players (or the model that I sell) also doubles as a MP3 player. So you are really causing a bit of redundancy.

I got 15 minutes of practice done yesterday. parking, 3 point turn, all that good stuff and today i put in 1 hour driving time on the road with people who can't drive. One person swerved in my lane on the road so i had to swerve to avoid an accident but other than that i was told i did excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom