What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I always buy Livewire cables because of the warranty. Then again, I do **** that involves the public and if they break my cables Gitbox Center replaces them.

agreed, while I dont know a great deal about cables i was under the impression that a cheap cable does pretty much exactly the same as an expensive one. i have always bought really cheap cables whether they are hdmi or optical and they always worked well for me.

Then again those monster cables do look good, about the only pro i can think of. Buying those cables is like buying beats by dre to me, look good but can get cheaper that are equal in term of quality.

Optical and HDMI are both digital connections so if the signal gets a little distorted while traveling through the cable the decoder can usually tell the difference between a high and a low and the end product is the same. If an analog signal is distorted while traveling through a cable it will sound/look different because there is more to the signal than just a 0 or a 1. If your buying a cable that is going to transmit an analog signal it's a bad idea to buy cheap.

:PokerFace:

I liken "Enhanced Bass" descriptions on headphones to cars that have Go Faster stripes.

:tongue: They actually sound pretty good. I didn't buy them for that reason though. I googled "best earbuds for under $100" and these were recommended.. so why not try 'em :thumbsup:

Bought an MSI 7850 Twin Frozr, now I wait for it to arrive. $210 after a $30 MIR.

:tongue: They actually sound pretty good. I didn't buy them for that reason though. I googled "best earbuds for under $100" and these were recommended.. so why not try 'em :thumbsup:

They may well be good to be honest, it's just usually a bit suspicious when they advertise things like enhanced bass or whatever. Though that can simply be the marketing department trying to make a normal product sound fancy.

The set of iBeats that came with my Rezound sound better than I expected.

I figured they were going to be all bass, but they're actually quite well-rounded. They're extremely loud as well, so I don't need to turn them up a whole lot like I did with my other earbuds (previously used a set of Skullcandy earbuds... previous buds busted and needed some new ones in a pinch). Didn't like the Skullcandy's that much... too much bass; everything sounded too bassy, and the highs / mids weren't as good. All-in-all, I'm happy with them, since they were technically free with my phone lol.

Makes me wonder about something. Everything Apple do is well made and functions well, even the plugs and charging cable is nicely made. But then the earphones.. those earphones are just awful, they are out of place amongst their other products which are of a much higher quality. I know they are a freebie, but they are a freebie of a £500 product from a company posting record beating quarterly profits. Please Apple, spend $5 or $10 on some acceptable earphones. I guess the ones they use at the moment cost them $1, if that.

No need to make them so good that it will kill the after market headphones that people buy. But even £3 headphones you buy in a supermarket sound better than apples.

I always buy Livewire cables because of the warranty. Then again, I do **** that involves the public and if they break my cables Gitbox Center replaces them.

I considered them specifically for the guarantee, problem is I hate those types of connectors. I've always had bad luck with them getting all messed up with the wiring inside and shorting out. I'd prefer something molded. The Livewire instrument cable would have been 18 bucks for 25 feet as opposed to 21.89 for 21 feet, but it wasn't worth saving a few bucks to have that type of connector on something I'll be using frequently.

The 3 foot speaker cables I didn't really care about since they will be staying plugged up behind my amp between the head and the cab. Otherwise I would have never bought them with those connectors.

The XLR cables I got from monster were actually cheaper than the livewires...20 foot Monster was 18.26, 15 foot livewire was 21.49, plus had those connectors grrr.

Everybody I know with an iPhone has a taped up charge cable.

I have a messed up charge cable from when I first got this phone like, 3 years ago, but other cables I've gotten haven't been messed up...probably cause they aren't apple cables. Problem is, they suck for being plugged into the computer, so I have to use my mutilated cable.

Everybody I know with an iPhone has a taped up charge cable.

Yep. Okay so the charge cable could be stronger. But don't be a dick and it is okay. People tend to just get out of bed in the morning hold their phone and just walk off, yanking it out of the charger - which pulls the cable out the dock connector eventually. If you pull the actually connector like a sensible person, all is fine.

I've never had to get a new cable in all honesty, but I do replace my phone on a yearly basis.

Back
Top Bottom