What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Yep. Okay so the charge cable could be stronger. But don't be a dick and it is okay. People tend to just get out of bed in the morning hold their phone and just walk off, yanking it out of the charger - which pulls the cable out the dock connector eventually. If you pull the actually connector like a sensible person, all is fine.

I've never had to get a new cable in all honesty, but I do replace my phone on a yearly basis.

I've never seen anybody do that ever o_O... And I even worked at a RadioShack through high school and seen some dumb ****.

Assassins creed revelations for £10.

I can see myself spending a lot of money in these sales.

So far I've only bought Thief Gold Edition. I've been a good boy :)

I considered them specifically for the guarantee, problem is I hate those types of connectors. I've always had bad luck with them getting all messed up with the wiring inside and shorting out. I'd prefer something molded. The Livewire instrument cable would have been 18 bucks for 25 feet as opposed to 21.89 for 21 feet, but it wasn't worth saving a few bucks to have that type of connector on something I'll be using frequently.

The 3 foot speaker cables I didn't really care about since they will be staying plugged up behind my amp between the head and the cab. Otherwise I would have never bought them with those connectors.

The XLR cables I got from monster were actually cheaper than the livewires...20 foot Monster was 18.26, 15 foot livewire was 21.49, plus had those connectors grrr.

I have a messed up charge cable from when I first got this phone like, 3 years ago, but other cables I've gotten haven't been messed up...probably cause they aren't apple cables. Problem is, they suck for being plugged into the computer, so I have to use my mutilated cable.
Care to elaborate on what you mean about these connectors? Are you talking about the insides? I have people who swing my mics around and I don't have a problem with the insides. And if I do, just replace it for free. The only thing really that monster has on livewire is they have that plastic piece inside that makes it annoying as hell to take apart.

Picked up Witcher 2 in the Steam sales for £11.99. I'd been hoping it would be one of the Flash Deals, and yay it was :)

Bought a shark tooth at an art festival (well my gf bought it for me actually), and ended up making a necklace out of it. It's about 1.25" long, from gumline to tooth tip. Pretty much exactly like this:
M010-F.jpg

Wrapped some picture wire around the tooth, and then used some thin, white nylon rope with a double fisherman's knot to tie it. Looks decent.

Guy said it was a baby megalodon tooth, but I knew the shape wasn't right. Did some more research on it and turns out its an from the "grandfather" of the megalodon.. an extinct Mackerel Shark. Only about half the size (30ft versus 60ft), but this was a precursor to the rest of the Meg species.

Back
Top Bottom