what is the best antivirus software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatfrickinfa

Baseband Member
what is the best antivirus software

i dont want any spyaxe or different things being installed on my computer and toolbar without my permission. the most annoying thing is when you right click an icon on your toolbar and it pops up a web page.

what sucks even more is when you go into the program files and try to delete something and it says some kind of cant delete or protected by... (i have a french language windows xp)

how can i avoid this
(building computer done buying parts, need software recommendation)

AVG or AVast are the best Free ones Kaspersky and NOD32 are best paid AV's Kaspersky is higher with the resources then NOD32 but has a little better definition list. I'm not gonna get in to detail but you can't go wrong with either.

reckliss said:
AVG is the best Free one Kaspersky and NOD32 are best paid AV's Kaspersky is higher with the resources then NOD32 but has a little better definition list. I'm not gonna get in to detail but you can't go wrong with either.

never heard of any of these but will try one

I didn't either until Sept. but then I started reading stuff on Security Forums and tried Kaspersky AV and it is great updates every 3 hours and realtime protection. I haven't had spyware or a virus on my computer since. (Spyware credit goes mostly to OutPost Pro FW with spyware extension 3.0) Haven't tried NOD32 but has a ton of good reviews.

Kaspersky, Nod32, and Symantec (corporate) are the best "paid" AV programs out there IMO. For "free" ones, I think Avast! is better than AVG.

Symantec Antivirus 10 Corporate Edition
CCleaner
Spybot
Adaware
Ewido
MAS Beta
Msconfig Cleanup
Hijackthis!
Xoft Spy

Even with this many programs, it all comes down to the user on weather he/she becomes infected or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom