Weight loss is hard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Breakfest is the most important meal of a day.. You should try to start eating a small one, say toast or fruit, and so your hungery starts later. Then at lunch, its just that much less.

Whens your last meal of the day?

Oh by the way, I too commend you on trying to get yourself on to a better road.

Here's my experience from this weight loss gig:

People say that instead of eating 3 sizable meals a day, 6 to 7 smaller meals are better. Personally, I find this to be wrong on a psychological level. When I eat a little bit, my brain rationalizes that I can eat more because I didn't eat that much. Establishing 3 sizable meals a day makes it so my brain can't tell me it's okay to snack on something as often, because every little thing adds up.

I've been working in steps. The going is slower than I would like, but I think it will help in the long run.

First, I worked on shrinking my stomach. Not necessarily the outward appearance, but how much food your stomach can hold. That in itself doesn't actually make you lose weight right away, but it helps for later. So now, I'm definitely eating less...maybe more like a normal person since I had an abnormal appetite before. Still can eat a lot, but anyway.

After that, eating less plus physical activity is the way to go. Keeping track of your calories and such are a pain, but it will help. I find that you don't need a gym, but when I'm paying for something, I tend to use it more often because I don't like the idea of wasting money...hence a gym is the best thing for me.

And you know, depending on your bone structure, 220 isn't really that bad. BMI is a crock of ****.

Actually, Breakfest is the most important meal of a day.. You should try to start eating a small one, say toast or fruit, and so your hungery starts later. Then at lunch, its just that much less.

Whens your last meal of the day?

Oh by the way, I too commend you on trying to get yourself on to a better road.

I never really did "meals" i put food in the oven whenever i was too hungry for a snack to suffice. I have a proper meal cooked by the parents at 6pm, but then i might findmyself eating a pizza at 9 or even 10pm. If not i will tend to snack quite a bit, 2 chocolate bars some left over meat out of the fridge, maybe a cheese bagel. All that kind of crap.

Thanks again for the support :D It helps, you know.

I quite agree though Hikari, if i eat small meals all day i never get that satisfaction of being proper full up after a big meal. So i just scrounge around all day to keep myself topped up and that is how i got like i am. 220 isn't that bad, but there is definitely a good stomach on me and i don't have much face structure as it's masked by a layer of fat :p. It's fairly round.

Yea breakfast is important because it gives your metabolism a kick start...and stay away from beer for sure. It's called a beer gut for a reason :p

lately I've been trying to lose some weight. And so far all I've done is cut my lunch in half( dining hall food, instead of eating like 2 sandwiches I eat one now) and cut my soda intake in half...and I started losing like 2-3 pounds a week. Oh and I started doing like 25-50 pushups a day. This builds a bit of muscle plus it gives your metabolism a boost too :D

goodluck in your journey...and make sure you don't take it way to seriously. These people that think you have to be on a diet plan or count points are crazy..the only real way to lose weight is to just cut calories and be active.

You might really want to start thinking in meals.

It'll help regulate how much you eat. Eating at 10pm isn't a good thing, cause youre off to bed soon after and all that energy yo just ate gets used.

Shifting your eating habits down from lunch supper night, to breakfest lunch supper and a light snack of healthy, would be alot better, as waffle said.

Oh and as waffle said, try to do it in an enjoyable way, else you'll noity want to do it.

We (my wife, her mom, and me) just started back on our diet. We were doing good on it before, but between my surgery and then everything with my dad that all fell apart. Now that the holidays are over we are back on the bandwagon. I weighed in today... lost six pounds last week. I think that's pretty good for what we are doing, plus making it through the weekend without blowing the diet out of the water (bruised, yes... but not broken ;) ).

We are doing WeightWatchers, but on our own. It is based on points and is actually quite easy once you get it straight in your head.

For you, Max, you would get 22 base points (220 pounds/10) + 8 points for being a guy = 30 points (the maximum allowed is 34, period). I'm not sure if you would get any more for your age or not, but you do get more for a lot pf physical activity.

The formula for figuring out how many points are in something works like this:
Calories/50 + fat grams/12 - fiber grams/5 (a max of a -1 due to fiber, though).

So a muffin with 350 calories, 14 grams of fat, and 6 grams of fiber would be:
350/50 + 14/12 - 6/5
7 + 1 - 1
7 points

The way to work this diet is by making healthier choices and going with plenty of veggies. Almost any green vegetable is zero points (green peas aren't), as are onions and tomatoes. Carrots are good choices, as is a salad... just make good dressing choices and watch the amounts. Salsa is free (but not the chips, of course). Fruit is good with an apple being a point or two, an orange and a banana are two each.

So long as you remember the formula when shopping or preparing a meal you will do fine. Look online for thousands of recipes... most with the points already figured for you.

I've alway been skinny, but my work partner has always been heavy. In the last year he's lost a lot of weight. He carries around a lunch bag full of fruit (apples, oranges, bannas, grapes, peaches, etc...) and he snacks on it all day. He eats a regular lunch and dinner but with smaller portions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom