Weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

MST3kGeek

Baseband Member
i'm not trying to offend anybody here but i was just wondering how any of you who lost some weight; what was your process...

now i was abnormally skinny through all of my childhood all the way through highshcool, now after highschool my metabolism slowed down quite a bit and yeah, sure, i started drinking quite a bit.... and i started eating unhealthly.

now i dont wanna say my weight to avoid any "who cares thats nothing" or any "damn youre huge you silly goofy lookin FREAK"

but yeah, if anything, what diets have worked for any of you and what would you recomend?

the only thing that ive done recently was a 4 day starvation diet with no work out which is completely unhealthly since it eats muscle first, but i lost 5lbs. nothing usueful though. :confused:

dont ever do such a thing unless youre a chronic exercisesor (sp?)

but yeah, just wondering if anything in particular worked for anyone legitamitly?

Well, I am like 30lbs underweight, but only due to a surgery, and the fact that I have a very high metabolism. My parents are losing weight simply by trying to avoid chocolate and that other stuff that have a bit too much of the bad stuff. :confused: I dunno if that helps at all (prolly didn't).

excerscise and eat right (you dont want to know what your body does when you arent doing those things) not that i eat right but find some sport that you reall like and do it alot (like me and mtn. biking).

i usually do 100 situps, 25 reverse crunches and 30+ pushups when im done riding for 1hr. or walking for 30min

walking is probably the best though because its easy, so walk about 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week and eventually you will look great.

also, if you have a big boned high muscle body, dont wory about being over-weight (like the football players 290 pounds and 6 ft would be about 40% BMI according to most crap out there but they are all really healthy)

dont diet whatever you do! and no pills! and do NOT starve yourself!!!!!!!!!!

im 6' 3'' but im not fat... it all depends

At age 34 after spending 12 years driving for a living and eating fast food all the time I was about 30-40lbs overweight.I had high blood pressure, not enough for medication, but it was on the horizon.Switched from driving to riding a bike for a living, lost 38lbs in just under 8months, lost 2" off my waist, and fixed my health problems.Gave up fast food, but other than that, didnt change my diet, matter of fact at first I fought losing weight as much as I could, riding 40-80miles/day 5 days a week though means weight loss whether you like it or not till you get close to your optimum weight I found, you just cant eat enough quickly enough getting that much exercise and stay heavy.That was 4 1/2 years ago, fast food and driving are two things I no longer do, and im not going back.High metabolism I hear some people say sometimes, try 4500 calories/day and we'll talk.I went from being 5'11 and 187lbs to 146lbs at one point, been holding steady at 152lbs for more than a year.Exercise is a permanent solution, and its hard work, and you cant ever stop.Being a computer geek doesnt help thats for sure :)

peace

Regulus said:
Well, I am like 30lbs underweight, but only due to a surgery, and the fact that I have a very high metabolism. My parents are losing weight simply by trying to avoid chocolate and that other stuff that have a bit too much of the bad stuff. :confused: I dunno if that helps at all (prolly didn't).

I am underweight too mainly because of medication I am taking. It's a catch 22, i am not the nicest guy without it, but with it, i have almost no appitiate.

Drink lots of water, like the other guy said walk at least 30 min a day, exercise as often as you can. Do not eat 3 hours before you go to bed, only eat ice cream as a treat on Sundays. Stay away from chocolates, a small piece of dark chocolate is healthy every now and then. Have a glass of milk once a day and only eat out on special occasions, no fast food.

Follow your dreams, You can reach yours goals, I'm living proof, beefcake BEEFCAKE!!

iwas about 15 lbs overweight a couple months ago.... i ate alot from thanksgiving to christmas, no exersice and its taken its toll.. ahah, but for the last couple weeks i've ran 30+ min each day, watched my diet, and i'm real active.... i heard recently that fidgity people are less likely to become overweight, so when i'm watchin tv or sittin behind my computer waiting from someone to respond on aim, i shaked my arm and stuff.... ahah i must look real retard when i do it, but whatever. i also lift weights while i'm waiting. now i weight 175 i'm 6'2''.... and i'm ripped, abs, biceps, triceps, and i lost my love handles ahaha.

lol believe it was a south park quote there.

I'm overweight, most of you have seen my pics anyway :p

I'm not huge, just chub-style, more than I care to be really.

But yeah I sit at the computer quite a bit...the only time I drink water is when I'm rinsing out my mouth after brushing my teeth :p

Drink way too much juice and soda, lots of fried foods and fast foods, no exercise....lol OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!

I got a slow ass metabolism that's for sure. I had a friend who'd eat something and 2 hours later have to crap it out...geh...cant stand that. I have bad eating habits of not eating anything all day, and then just eating one thing halfway through the day and I'm generally set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom