Protein Drinks... Help Body Builders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Isopure for about 6 months and it tastes pretty good. I usually mix 2 scoops with 5 ounces of water and 5 ounces of milk and then shake it up until it's all been disolved. Tastes good and works good.

I'm looking to stay 135 for my wieghtclass and stay 135 for fights.

keep the cardio up high, hit the weights hard and take a lot of protein.

with the diet you'll probably want to stay right at your maintenance level of calories for the day - keep the fiber high, keep protein high, drink a lot of water, carbs should stay complex and fats should be good fats. Pretty general.

I was wondering, do you drink this before or after you work out. Also how much do these products cost and how much should I spend.

MUSCLE MILK>>> the most delicious protein drink ever. helps you lose fat too.

if you take creatine, go with CE2 (creatine ethyl ester) + a NO2 supplement

you should drink the protein shake AT THE MINIMUM right after your workout. i would try to have at least 2 to 3 servings per day, though

When I lifted hard and natural (and vegetarian), it is near impossible for anyone to obtain the same arm size I had without steroid enhancement. That could be genetics as well. There's no exaggeration there...but if i let my arms hang limp and no flexion, they were about 2 inches bigger than a 2 liter soda bottle...that's pretty good for a natural vegetarian bodybuilder...and only 5'9". :D
lol probably because of the creatine. if it was monohydride then it just makes you retain water in your muscles. personally, i hate that look. it's not very defined and can get kinda puffy looking. that's why i recommend ethyl-ester. it doesn't have those side-effects. but to each his own

MUSCLE MILK>>> the most delicious protein drink ever. helps you lose fat too.

if you take creatine, go with CE2 (creatine ethyl ester) + a NO2 supplement

you should drink the protein shake AT THE MINIMUM right after your workout. i would try to have at least 2 to 3 servings per day, though

I always had trouble losing fat on muscle milk to be honest. But it is the best stuff ever.

Alright, so I have the money to order some or go to my local GNC. What should I look to buy and how much should I spend?

Alright, so I have the money to order some or go to my local GNC. What should I look to buy and how much should I spend?
i would ask someone that works at GNC. they're SUPPOSED to know what they're talking about. some key points, IMO:

protein shake - find one with at least 30-40g of protein per serving. i've tried a few different kinds and haven't had one that tastes HORRIBLE, but avoid cherry or grape flavors, IMO. and like i said earlier, muscle milk is one of the best tasting protein drinks out there.
calories - you need to intake a surplus of calories to really gain muscle. note the caloric content of these drinks. it's good to eat more to get extra calories, but you have to be sure to consume "clean" calories...so avoid heavily-processed foods with high-fructose corn syrup, sucrose, trans fats, other nasty stuff.
fat/cholesterol - some shakes have a high level of cholesterol or saturated fats. ask about this as it's often not as it seems. muscle milk, for example, is hight in fats, but they are "designer fats" that actually help you burn body fat.
creatine - don't bother with the creatine monohydride unless you want to have water-logged, puffy muscles. (it does increase your size, but it's not my cup of tea) go with creatine ethy-ester. it'll give you a leaner, more toned look. it's expensive though.
NO2 - nitric oxide. increases blood vessel size temporarily to deliver more blood, oxygen, nutrients to your muscles. very good to take BEFORE a workout to help you lift heavier and longer. works well stacked with creatine because it helps to get the creatine to your muscles.
NOTE: many protein drinks also have NO2 and creatine in them. this is good if they contain pretty good amounts of each. usually, however, separate products will be needed to get sufficient quantities.

Molsen is there anyplace I can get Muscle milk cheap, Because these things are expensive and I'm trying to find the cheapest way possible to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom