Potentially the longest thread in history...

I've had 3 different styles of their chairs at work and not a fan. Their lumbar support is more like putting a stick in your back. As most know, I have a ****ed up lower back so most chairs aren't comfortable to me, but because of my specific posture the pillow on my chair at the lowest point is just perfect for me. Their meshy chairs I definitely don't like, currently use one now at work. I feel like you could get the same thing from Staples for $100.

Idk then.. my quest for a good chair continues. To be fair I find my car seat comfy with it's electric lumbar support, shame I can't just buy that and put it on some wheels :p

Ahhhh yes, my immense satisfaction right now.

My colleague and boss this morning were doing some Cisco VPN tunnel work to Azure, setting up a new test connection. Cue me at about 8am saying "are you sure you want to be doing this during office hours?" (seeing as all our bespoke apps are powered by Azure). They shrugged and dismissed me, of course.

An hour later, and our Azure connection goes own. They did something wrong and they're not sure what, and now an hour and 15 minutes later it's still down and no one can do any work as our apps can't connect to azure.

So I am sat here feeling pretty damn good, shudda listened bitches. :lol: I figure they have maybe another half an hour before a senior director starts asking questions.

Had a sudden moving day on the weekend. GF and I have moved in - things are going great and makes both our finances so much easier. Currently reassembling IKEA furniture while she's at work :D

Cryptos are on a swing back upwards once again :D missed that money on the side lol. It's crazy how huge the swings are on this stuff, you'd be waiting months or years on any other stock for the same change percentages.

Today I finished putting together the Ryzen 2 builds we'll (nearly certainly) be getting for our graphics dept. Shaved an additional 10% off the old order cost over going with Ryzen instead of 7820X's for only a small perf hit. Pretty psyched with that as it'll likely be the thing that tips the GM over from insisting we get macs to finally giving the go-ahead on new PCs. Our quotes in the end were $54,000 for 9 iMacs (not Pros) OR $36,000 for 9 PCs. We've now been told to do up formal business cases for both PC and Mac options -_- 'sakes...like saving nearly $20k AND getting far better hardware for our WINDOWS BASED NETWORK needed any further justification...

You'd be surprised how not small that percentage hit is. The 8700k keeps pace with a 2700x @ 4.4GHz (in content creation) and that's only a 6 core. Not saying I don't agree with your decision, just I'd keep that info to yourself lol.

Anyone else have really bad memory ? I do and I find it really frustrating. Like my family will talk about the winter holidays we've been on, and I just can't remember. They will discuss the differences between different ski resorts, and I can rarely remember half as much. I couldn't even tell you what resort I last went to, other than it was in 2016 some time.

And then just day to day stuff, like I am sat in my car thinking about what music to play. I can only ever think of literally 3 or 4 bands at any one time. I'll be like "erm, Fleetwood Mac... London Grammar... U2..........Fleetwood Mac?" and I will just get stuck on the same three to five bands. I just saw some video on YouTube where they picked a word out of the box and had to sing a song with that word in it. WTF, no way I could do that. I can't remember any lyrics to any song, let alone remember songs with a specific word in it and sing them off the top of my head.

I can't ****ing tell you how many times I have read what the difference is between affect and effect is. I google it, I read it, and it makes perfect sense and I get it. By the next day i've forgotten. Rinse repeat 5 times a year for the past 10 years. I am quite confident I have read the difference 50+ times but it has NEVER stuck for more than 24 hours. There are a few other things like that too. Some things no matter how simple and how many times I try and remember them, I just can't.

Yeah it's pissing me off big time. I did some googling and nothing about it suggests I have any kind of medical condition or have anything to genuinely worry about, it's just a case of **** memory. I can remember what really counts like names and relationships, how to drive and how to do my job. But everything else.... bleh

If your struggling with a really bad memory you need too adapt change and overcome.

Question things that have happened and are happening and that could happen. Things that mite happen or will happen or should happen. Look from a logical perspective and "follow the sequential order of things" .. Thats what I do and I have a fantastic memory.

You'd be surprised how not small that percentage hit is. The 8700k keeps pace with a 2700x @ 4.4GHz (in content creation) and that's only a 6 core. Not saying I don't agree with your decision, just I'd keep that info to yourself lol.

Really? Anand's rendering tests were only around ~8% faster on average too iirc, even got beaten in warp stabilization which is something the guys will be doing a lot of.
https://www.techspot.com/review/1613-amd-ryzen-2700x-2600x/page2.html

Anyone else have really bad memory ? I can't ****ing tell you how many times I have read what the difference is between affect and effect is.
Marijuana affects the memory :p it has an effect on your ability to convert short term to long term

Back
Top Bottom