Potentially the longest thread in history...

BBQ'd a couple pork bellies for family dinner last night, bigger one could've gone an hour longer but the smaller one turned out perfect :D fat rendered nicely, had to be careful slicing it not to accidentally make pulled pork :p unctuous as hell

Also spent another hour installing more insulation in my roof, ended up finding a good deal bout a week ago for $750 all up, covers the whole house in R4.1 grade stuff.
1/3 of the way through the roof now and I can already feel the difference :D would *not* want this job for a living though, installation sucks -_-

BBQ'd a couple pork bellies for family dinner last night, bigger one could've gone an hour longer but the smaller one turned out perfect :D fat rendered nicely, had to be careful slicing it not to accidentally make pulled pork :p unctuous as hell

Also spent another hour installing more insulation in my roof, ended up finding a good deal bout a week ago for $750 all up, covers the whole house in R4.1 grade stuff.
1/3 of the way through the roof now and I can already feel the difference :D would *not* want this job for a living though, installation sucks -_-
You should make this.

North Carolina restaurant serving up ‘tarantula burger' | WGN-TV

If you had lived here I could have gotten it done for free for you :p

And yes it does suck. We go through quite a lot of insulation installers where I work trying to find ones who don't refuse to stop working when it's a hot summers day and they're stuck in the loft.

For the first time in as long as I can remember, I had a modicum of good luck :p

My new car arrived at the dealer today, and the wait time for a delivery drive to bring it to me was 2 to 3 weeks, but someone cancelled their delivery for this Friday 20th, so I got theirs. Woop, less time to wait. :p

I'm looking through paint options for my ****ty car, gonna try get some dings out and respray the outside to make it look *slightly* less crap than it does now.

Oh yeah, I also found out I can literally pull the front of the car off with two fingers cause the clip is broken that holds the bit of plastic on :p should probably fix that...

If you had lived here I could have gotten it done for free for you :p

And yes it does suck. We go through quite a lot of insulation installers where I work trying to find ones who don't refuse to stop working when it's a hot summers day and they're stuck in the loft.

I reckon it'd be not too bad in office style buildings with huge ceiling areas, residential homes are a pain in the butt with all the joists and supports -_- but yeah **** trying to do that job in any level of heat. I lasted all of 3 minutes the first attempt because it was 38c outside :p noped out pretty fast
Next few times I've waited for an overcast day, still an oven but at least it's more a slow roast than an outright BBQ.

edit: pic of moi after emerging from the roof. Was literally drenched in sweat, but not showing up on the camera :grin: probably a good thing.
Ld167w3.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, a few days ago I got to try a mate's Gear VR.
Holy. Crap. It's ****ing amazing! He loaded up the rollercoaster game, and man I was standing in the kitchen holding onto the bench for dear life. I admit I may have been rather baked/sozzled when I tried it which probably helped the realism, but I was *not* expecting to feel like I was actually on a ride. When the top of tracks come up and you can see the plummeting drop...hnnnnnngggg :p it's amazing and I want it.

Holy. Crap. It's ****ing amazing! He loaded up the rollercoaster game, and man I was standing in the kitchen holding onto the bench for dear life. I admit I may have been rather baked/sozzled when I tried it which probably helped the realism, but I was *not* expecting to feel like I was actually on a ride. When the top of tracks come up and you can see the plummeting drop...hnnnnnngggg :p it's amazing and I want it.
Try playing Standout on the Vive and drop from the plane. Nearly **** myself the first time.

Haha, you not ever tried proper PC powered VR from Rift or Vive ? It's a whole 'nother level. Much better displays, 90hz instead of 60hz, low persistence so no blurring. Things are rendered at native res rather than low res on gear vr (no way a smartphone can render VR games/experiences at the native quad HD display resolution). Plus when you get perfectly tracked head and hand controllers, it's amazing. It's a really awesome experience when you try good VR for the first time. I found that after a few weeks and the wow factor had gone, that the resolution was just too limiting for a lot of apps, mainly sims where you need to see the track further away or read car/plane dials. But rest assured once they solve that issue with high res VR displays I will be buying back into VR big time. I am 100% sure I will buy Rift 2 or Vive 2 with the GTX 1180Ti and top end Ryzen / Intel CPU at the time.

Last edited:
okay RANT TIME

****ing shyster bellend insurance companies trying to charge me like $5000 a year for motorbikes that are not even in the sport bike category. They are decently powerful but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm talking 120 to 140hp bikes (the liter sports bikes are 200hp). A lot of bikes are in the 120 to 140hp category. And they want co charge me FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR!!!!!!! this is pissing me right off. 90% of being safe on the road is understanding how they work, the laws, the rules, and how other drivers behave. You get that 6th sense intuition of when **** is about to go down. But apparently 7 years of driving my car for 2 hours every day without a scratch, parking offence, speeding fine or anything is of no interest or evidence to insurance companies that MAYBE JUST MAYBE i'm responsible on the road.

The reason it is so god damn mother ****ing annoying is because I absolutely loved having a motorcycle and these bat**** insane insurance costs are the only thing stopping me from getting back into it.

Back
Top Bottom