Potentially the longest thread in history...

I guess so. Though they all state they will get back to you by email if you're successful. But I will give it a go.
I do a follow up call too whenever I apply for a new job

And Soul, bladeslinger looks good. But it doesn't really look any better than something like RAGE HD, Infinity Blade 2, Dead Space.
fixed.
And I'd argue that it does look better. Take a closer look at Rage HD, at the blood effects or flames (skip to 2:37 for some easy viewage). Take a closer look at Bladeslinger, at the lighting and particle effects.
It's a little harder to compare Dead Space against it, all dark/enclosed scenes in one vs light/open scenes in the other. Definitely impresses me though, and brings me to ask what you were complaining about re tablet gaming again?

Re: Today I have...

Today I shutdown my DPS, several servers in my home, and have closed all email accounts, along with facebook (myspace was still active, its gone now) and put out notice that all my projects have come to an end. Tommorow I will be calling my ISP and closing my account there as well.

Except Rage HD runs on the original iPad, and that was running on something based on Tegra 3 :p

I was arguing that developers don't need faster harder too make games look better if they put their minds and money too it. Better faster hardware just makes it easier and cheaper to achieve the same results. My point was that Vita games look absolutely incredible in person, yet it's not all that much more powerful than the top tablets today - it just goes to show that it is much more down too who is developing it and the monetary investment than the hardware. Practically all the best looking games on iPad are made by big developers too, no surprise really.

I don't know why I even care. Games on tablets are awful. The next ipad can and have enough power to ray trace games for all I care, playing games on a stupid touch-screen still sucks. I'm far more interested in normal applications that can be controlled well using a touch screen. Such as being able too run Photoshop on a tablet, that'd be neat.

I've bought so many games on iOS, yet when I really think about it, i've never sat down for more than 10 minutes playing one. Not ever. I remember getting my iPad 2, I spent a couple minutes trying out a load of games in amazement at the A5 chip. Then I never went on them again and just used it for Safari, Email and looking at pictures. I may of even watched the occasional movie.

Well you provided it to show me how the games being developed for Tegra 3 weren't that much better than alternatives anyway lol, what ARE you trying to say here! :p

As for gaming, I can plug my xbox controller into my TFP and use that to game, or just dock it plug in a mouse and use the keyboard. why don't you do the same with your iPa...oh yeah no ports at all :grin: hehe

Yea Kman it's the norm to do a follow up call about 2 to 3 business days after you insert your application. Unless you are like the only person in existence capable of the job then they wont call you.

Today I shutdown my DPS, several servers in my home, and have closed all email accounts, along with facebook (myspace was still active, its gone now) and put out notice that all my projects have come to an end. Tommorow I will be calling my ISP and closing my account there as well.

??? 'Splain this to me.

Well you provided it to show me how the games being developed for Tegra 3 weren't that much better than alternatives anyway lol, what ARE you trying to say here! :p

As for gaming, I can plug my xbox controller into my TFP and use that to game, or just dock it plug in a mouse and use the keyboard. why don't you do the same with your iPa...oh yeah no ports at all :grin: hehe

I got sidetracked into the usual Apple v Android debate :)

Why would I get a TFP instead of an iPad when I use my dads all the time :p I would not want too plug a controller into a tablet anyway, defeats the entire object!

Yea Kman it's the norm to do a follow up call about 2 to 3 business days after you insert your application. Unless you are like the only person in existence capable of the job then they wont call you.

Honestly i've never heard of this or seen it done. There has never even been a contact number to call. I don't know if it's different over there, but here you submit your application. Some poor soul goes through them all at the company and picks out the okay sounding ones. Then another poor soul rings up all these picked people for a phone interview/talk kind of thing to see what they are like, if they do well they get offered a real interview.

I got into the Ghost Recon Online beta.. I played it for an hour, got totally addicted and then they shut the servers off for the day (Wtf is this 1995 ?). They are only running servers 5pm to 11pm. But man it was fun. I loved it, there is just something awesome about it. I made a longer post about it in the 'What are you playing' thread.

All thats on my mind now is how long is it till 5pm again. I havn't wanted too play a game this much since I got GTA4 delivered while I was in class at school.

Same kind of process over here. Ringing up though shows you're actively interested in their decision, not just mass emailing out your CV to anyone with a position open.

Back
Top Bottom