Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

In training pretty much all day today. It's fairly interesting but the programs they use in the studios are all home-grown. Let's just say that if these things were freely available NO ONE would download them. :D They work but there are so many others out there that work sooooo much better.

Today and yesterday been getting used to my mac.

One thing that has really surprised me is its gaming performance. I haven't had a chance to try many games, but my only Mac compatible game on DVD apart from WoW was Starcraft 2. So i got that installed and patched, played it for about 5 minutes and from what i can tell it runs pretty great on at least medium settings (Haven't tried high yet). I was expecting to use the lowest settings.

Tried games like Trine, which runs at max just fine. Amnesia runs fine too. When i say high, it is with no AA. I don't feel i need it to much at 1080p, especially on this kind of system spec, it'd kill it i think. Downloading Team Fortress 2 as my first 'real' fps game. 10gigs though so that's taking a while.

I can also report the "Mac's don't crash" thing is absolutely not true. Seems pretty similar to Win 7 so far. The OS hasn't crashed, but Steam occasionally doesnt show up properly and you have to minimize and then maximize again to get it to work, and Minecraft just wont run well no matter what settings i put it on. More likely some bad programming in both cases, but yeh, it certainly isn't the perfect OS where everything works exactly as it should - and i never expected it to anyway.

edit:

Finally put my Apple iOS developer account to good use. Downloaded Xcode and iOS SDK, now i can finally learn to make some rudimentary iOS apps.

^Applescript is pretty easy to use, it'll take you a couple days to learn it lol. Good for starting off, as xcode has built in support for the scripts and referencing. For more complex stuff though you'll want to get used to cocoa...now THAT is a nightmare :facepalm:

I read through that, the only thing that strikes me is the statement about car's not having standard anything... Guess people still don't know that multiple cars, from the same manufacture are all the same anymore, just a different body/layout.

But, this is why I stay away from apple, other than the huge cost of what I consider is cheap parts in the end.

Back
Top Bottom