Not taking technology for granted

Status
Not open for further replies.
--snip
Most people here are gamers, and you can't game with that...beyond that, there's no way you can do all those things without that machine bogging down especially with that little bit of RAM, although it's really not that taxing, the thing that takes up the most CPU is Burning the CD, downloading or surfing the web really doesn't take up that much processor activity. I was able to use 3D Studio Max 4 on my old 750MHz duron with 384mb of RAM, but it was incredibly slow, so was loading it and closing it...so I don't know about all the apps you listed...snip--

Nonsense, your assuming alot of things here :)
first of all thats assuming windows, not using windows, I use linux, that right there eliminates alot of ram and resource problems.Lets see games I have right now, simcity 3k,armyops,CS,doom3,flightsim-flightgear,sid meier alpha centauri, and 3 or 4 more first person shooters, they all run just fine.Cant run doom3 with all the eye candy turned up, but cant do that on most machines period.OpenGL is quicker and more efficient than directX, less buggy too.

The trick is knowing alot about how to setup a system and how to run it, that takes time,research,effort, and experience, doesnt necessarily mean expensive or speedy hardware.You get more availability of games with windows, but you also hamstring yourself with an incredibly inefficient OS that needs fast hardware just to run right.Been there, done that.All depends on what your into I guess.Me, I like having a multiuser OS that can do almost anything, no security or virus issues and its rock solid stability is tough to beat.

Sometimes if you cant afford stuff the best thing to do is improvise a little and do some research and see where you can speed things up, doesnt work with bandwidth Im sorry to say, but it does with other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom