Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have one admin account, and have your password set to: 1f4ox5z3f

She'll never be able to get into your account.

A scrambled password. Excellent idea.

Actually, I used to have the same problem with my parents. So whenever they'd get on, I'd always make sure it'd be booted into Linux.

The screen would just magically refresh over and over again and weird noises would come out of the system speaker.

No more problems :)

Set a BIOS password. Don't use sequential letters/numbers in it. But either make it something you'll remember (something she dowsn't know about) or write it down and secure it (keep it in your wallet or hide it VERY well). She'd have to crack the case to remove it (well, there are other ways, but none easy).

She's probably resetting your password, you don't really need to crack or guess the password on a windows machine, just need a basic program that will boot off a floppy or CD that will reset all accounts.

I would do what Trotter suggested, by first setting the boot priority to Harddrive first, this way it prevent anything from booting off the CD-Rom or floppy. Then there should be two option for BIOS password, one for entering the setup and the other for booting up the machine. Put a password on for both, then lock your computer case.

Buy a small simple switch. Disconnect the front panel soft power switch and replace it with the new switch you bought to your motherboard.

Then mount the switch through the bottom of the PC case. This way in order to turn on the PC, you have to lean it on it's side then find the switch. Once your sister presses the front panel power button enough times and it won't start, she'll give up and think your PC is broken.

You can use this: http://www.xoxide.com/acrylicpanel.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom