For the love of.. Some people are too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050906/ap_on_re_us/katrina_refugees__hk4

"It is racist to call American citizens refugees," the Rev. Jesse Jackson said, visiting the Houston Astrodome on Monday. Members of the Congressional Black Caucus have expressed similar sentiments.

And someone with some white/gray matter.

William Safire, who writes the weekly "On Language" column for The New York Times Magazine, said he did not believe the term "refugee" had any racial implications. "A refugee can be a person of any race at all," he said. "A refugee is a person who seeks refuge."

Ya know. There are "real" problems related to racism in this world. It's kinnda annoying when people misuse the word and make the real application of the term meaningless..

Well speaking from an English (the language) POV Refugee isn't the right word, as they haven't had to leave the country.

I suppose a better term may be transient population or something like that - but I can't see how people are turning a debate about semantics into a debate about racism, especially in this case.

But how exactly is that word racist?

man, fuggin black people like that segregate themselves more than anyone else does....

hmmm BSU comes to mind....if there was a WSU I bet you that crap would be shut down in no time.

"OH WE WERE SLAVES" oh well hey guess what....ROMANS had slaves and they were freakin WHITE, Irish were slaves, WHITE...let us not even mention the indians...well hell they were just slaughtered.....I have nothing against black people, just the few who I've come across in my lifetime who play 'the race card' and act like they are still being opressed and as if they were the first, last, and only race to ever be in slavery...sorry for the rant, but that stupid thing just pisses me off...like you said chankama, theres actual IMPORTANT racial issues going on, and that stupid idiot has to go and make a big deal out of something as g-damned ignorant as that.

I am sure I saw a few white people here and there. But the thing is, the word "refugee" with its proper use is not racist. Our good reveran is changing the definition of a proper english word to create a ruckus.

Nubius said:
hmmm BSU comes to mind....if there was a WSU I bet you that crap would be shut down in no time.

BSU and WSU? What's the blank man - Black ______ and White ______ ? :)

Nubius said:
I have nothing against black people, just the few who I've come across in my lifetime who play 'the race card' and act like they are still being opressed and as if they were the first, last, and only race to ever be in slavery...

This is a controversial issue for sure man.

Edit:
[Spent some time writing the rest, but I think it's "too" controversial. Deleted.]

BSU and WSU? What's the blank man - Black ______ and White ______ ?
BSU = Black student union, it DOES exist in basically every college and university in america, and I was saying if there was a "WSU - White Student Union" no doubt there'd be this uprising, saying it's racist and that it should be shut down.

This is a controversial issue for sure man
yeah it's controversial because the ones who make a big deal out of it are the same ones lookin to always get something for free and slide through life.

I've met plenty of black people that I was friends with, enjoyed talking and hanging out with, so it's not like I just dislike black people, I'm not racist like that...it's the ones that come up that are no older than 20 years old talking about 'the man' keepin em down and then bringing up slavery like the gettys burg address was just held yesterday.

Nubius said:
man, fuggin black people like that segregate themselves more than anyone else does....

"OH WE WERE SLAVES" oh well hey guess what....ROMANS had slaves and they were freakin WHITE, Irish were slaves, WHITE...let us not even mention the indians...well hell they were just slaughtered.....I have nothing against black people, just the few who I've come across in my lifetime who play 'the race card' and act like they are still being opressed and as if they were the first, last, and only race to ever be in slavery...sorry for the rant, but that stupid thing just pisses me off...like you said chankama, theres actual IMPORTANT racial issues going on, and that stupid idiot has to go and make a big deal out of something as g-damned ignorant as that.

^Agreed

And also another thing. Some of these really gangsta guys are complaining about racism. But, it's because of people like them that racism exists. 50 cent and crap is just a reason for white people to hate the sterotypical black.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Some of these really gangsta guys are complaining about racism. But, it's because of people like them that racism exists.

No man. Racism exists because some trolls don't like people of a different skin color or background.

DJ-CHRIS said:
50 cent and crap is just a reason for white people to hate the sterotypical black.

There's a whole bunch of white people that hate black people who have probably never even "heard" of 50 cent. Racism came about in North America "not" because of black people.

Racism still exists. A lot of people (not necessarily black), that I know personally, work hard but don't get rewarded for it b/c of their skin color. And yeah. The reason is pretty obvious. I don't really want to post any stories here though.

But as Nubius said, there's a whole bunch of black people that complain about racism (like that woman from "Aprentice") for no apparent reason. This makes "real" racism issues seem foolish. Because when people discover that some claims are false they think "oh well. These other claims are probably exagerations too.".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom