iPhone 4s or Galaxy S 2?

Which phone would you buy? (Post what phone if "other" is chosen)

• iPhone 4s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galaxy S 2

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^dude i hate spiders lol. I think everyone will agree that the iphone 4s is the clear winner there, i think the iphone 4 might even beat that. I really wish i had the iphone 4, 4s, and s2 to compare them all with the same picture and lighting, but unfortunately i don't.

Is there still signal attenuation when bridging the gap between the two antennas in the bottom left?

Not as far as i can tell.

I am really impressed actually. That 1080p video was great, lighting and focusing wasn't that great, but it wasn't horrible either. The photos are quite impressive as well, i am going to check out the s2 to compare them.

In all honesty no camera would do too well in that situation. It is obvious to humans when i was lowering the camera down the main 'trunk' of the grape vine that thats what i wanted to focus on, but in reality it is only a tiny part of the picture, with a huge background, there is no way it would realisticly know which is why i had to keep tapping to focus myself. My Canon HF200 camcorder wouldn't of done a much better job, and that suffers from blown out highlights too - obviously it does a slightly better job, and the overall picture is much sharper, but the Auto focus/auto exposure is about the same. Color reproduction is better on the 4S.

Did you notice how good the image stabilisation is ? it does a pretty amazing job for a non-optical solution.

^dude i hate spiders lol. I think everyone will agree that the iphone 4s is the clear winner there, i think the iphone 4 might even beat that. I really wish i had the iphone 4, 4s, and s2 to compare them all with the same picture and lighting, but unfortunately i don't.

Don't draw conclusions too quick. Yami's pictures are in pretty bad light. The 4S doesn't look too pretty in bad light either, what it does is raise the ISO alot to guarantee the picture is always well exposed. It will make dark scenes look like pretty well lit scenes, with the downside being considerable noise - but i think most consumers would prefer i well exposed bright image, so they probably made the right decision. Here is an example:

This is the correct exposure from my Nikon D80, to achieve this i had to be at ISO 400, F1.8, 1/25th second (Hence it's a little blurred, no image stabilisation)

DSC_1454.jpg

But this is what the 4S decides to do in the same situation, super high ISO, but a brighter looking image.
IMG_0030.jpg

lol, it was just in my kitchen. It was quite odd, it stayed precisely there for about an hour (cos like **** I'm gonna touch it!)

We pick those up. Seriously, we do. They can only nip you a little sometimes, but they're not venomous. Over here they look more like this one tho
IMG_2317sm.jpg

Oh yeah, and like Yami said don't look if you're scared.

Also, kman I've got access to all three, or will do next week (for the 4s).

All three phones. ip4 4s and s2.. I am VERY interested in camera quality, alls I know is its a ton better then my 3gs.

I can help you out there.

Both taken in a shop purely under whatever lighting they were using.

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

Shot this one now under some of those "warm" energy efficient bulbs:

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom