I...Hate...Fall/Winter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah Trotter, i'm very familier with with that part of tennessee, i have tons of relatives in Ooletewah...which is kinda near Georgetown......oh and i'm very close to Athens GA

it snowed down here in Riverside i think 2 yrs back for about 3 minutes. Snow was everywhere, my dog didnt like it lol.

oh im never gonna forget that day........

america is confusing with all its weird names and states.

Anyway. Winter is the best time ever, because i get to ski for 2 months at between -20c and -40C. So when your not skiing you done fun things like chuck a cup of water on people and by the time it hits them its just ice crystals :D, skiing is more fun though :)

KMAN said:
america is confusing with all its weird names and states.
America and its native population. Many places names are the same as what American Indians called them. Such as my state, Tennessee. Same with ooltewah, not to be confused with Etowah (they are about 60 miles apart, thankfully. Cleveland was named after a Revolutionary War general.

And then you have our local rivers, the Ocoee, the Tennessee, and the Hiawassee....

Did I mention my area was right in the middle of the Cherokee indian nation?

wow... confusing.

Simple in uk :).

You have seperate regions, midlands, east midlands, north midlands, south midlands etc etc and different ones for different places, then if you live near a particular city I.E. Leicester, you would live in Leicestershire, but there are exceptions :)

Why does america name its cities after british places i.e. New York, New Leicester, i think theres a birmingham.

Frankly i'm loving winter.. my P4 has never ran cooler!! 56 degrees ftw!! uusually around high 60's to high 70's...

KMAN said:
Why does america name its cities after british places i.e. New York, New Leicester, i think theres a birmingham.
Some were named by English settlers, hence the upper north east is called New England. Same as why some areas in the west have Spanish names and some other areas have German names.

For those of use who live in the US, the different states make it much easier for us to find people and places since we know (usually) where all the states are located. So if someone says they are from Arizona, I know they are from out west in the desert, beside California and below Nevada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom