College Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attend Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. I am currently in my second semester.

i think all of the time i've spent in college has been a complete waste of time. they are teaching less than nothing on subjects that are a total waste of my time.

i have the skills necessary to pursue a profession in graphic design for the web, but employers will not give me a chance even if after i proved to them that i can do the job. do people not understand a degree is just a piece of paper?

I do not totally agree wtih you ekZsine. Though i learned much about computers on my own, college has thought me the logic, histroy, and theory of everything computers.

I had not realized that computer science is such a vast, complicated, and interesting subject until i entered college.

ekÆsine said:
i think all of the time i've spent in college has been a complete waste of time. they are teaching less than nothing on subjects that are a total waste of my time.

i have the skills necessary to pursue a profession in graphic design for the web, but employers will not give me a chance even if after i proved to them that i can do the job. do people not understand a degree is just a piece of paper?

I sort of agree with you. I think that depending on your chosen profession, you can learn a lot in college but the fact that you need to take so many irrelevent general eduaction classes is a complete waste of time. I'm an engineering major, why the hell do I need to learn about Humanistic Inquiry and Social Science? All those classes do is suck away the time that I could have used to focus in the classes that are useful and important to me.

talking about useless courses?

check this out!

i went to my dean to figure out the classes i need to still take to graduate and we got everything down but something bothered me. keep in mind that i am a Computer Informatin Systems major and that's mainly programming right? well, apparently my dean thought that taking a second course in accounting (Managerial Accounting after Financial Accounting) should be mandatory but a Visual Basic class(the only one my school offers) should be optional.

how exactly does that work? of course i couldn't take Visual Basic for the reasons that i needed to graduate this summer and didn't have time left. SO NO VISUAL BASIC COURSE FOR ME!

fortunately i'ma book freak and along with my tons of books, i got me a VB.NET book and attempted to learn by myself.

most of what i know about computers, or anything! for that matter came from extracurricular reading. school is just typical. FOR THE F****** PAPER!

i hate'em...

Well, I've taken a few gen-eds through my school. I've got college speech, ,am taking college algebra and comp is halfway outta the way.

Got 15 credits already. Thought 'bout DeVry, but alas, I can't really afford 410.00 a credit hour in Westminister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom