Not open for further replies.
I Have a 2 year old
P4 1.6 Ghz Willamette 400Mhz FSB 256KB L2 cache
Intel 845WN Mobo
Nvidia Riva Tnt2 G-Card
40Gb 5400rpm Seagate HDD
256mb pc133 sd-ram

I am in serious need of an upgrade.
After a little research I decided to wait for another 2-3 months.

rakesh_1024 said:
What r Ur current PC specs?

Hey!

Currently I'm running a Hewlett-Packard AMD Athlon 2800+ (2 Ghz) I have 512 MB DDR SDRAM, I've got a 120 GB HD, and I have a nVidia GeForce 4 MX w/ 64 MB video memory.... I know it's not that bad, and I've only had it for a few months, but my dad needs a new computer so I made a deal with him that I'd give him tis if I could build a new one! :)

A friendly bit of advice

If U r a member of any library which has computer magazines,
go through them.
U might find Ur choices reviewed or even tested.
This might help U in making the final decision.
:D

rakesh_1024 said:
A friendly bit of advice

If U r a member of any library which has computer magazines,
go through them.
U might find Ur choices reviewed or even tested.
This might help U in making the final decision.
:D

nah, I already bought a book from barnes & nobles and I might find some good reviews on the internet

Get a GeForce FX 5700 at the bare minimum if you plan on gaming. Since you are a serious gamer, go for the ATI Radeon 9800XT or GeForce 5950 Ultra, or even better yet, the ATI X800 or GeForce 6800. I am going to use the ATI X800 it the PC I am getting ready to build. It will be a $2000 rig. I currently have an HP I regret to have bought last year that won't run many new games. Hewlet-Packards are P.O.S.'s when it comes to gaming, and they make it impossible to upgrade them. I guess HP thinks that people are stupid enough to return to HP for a new computer when their old one goes outdated..

I took a while - I'm australian so it was harder for me to find these parts - but I think you'll be extremely happy with what's in my attachment

it contains:
Gigabyte K8N Pro

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ - outperforms P4E's and P4EE's, can process 64-bit

Thermaltake Venus 12 CPU cooler - quiet, good cooling, and looks good

2x512MB Kingston PC3200 - a gig of reliable RAM

Thermaltake Damier V5000A - v. good case, lots of room, really good cooling

Thermaltake Purepower Butterfly 480W - silent, 7 colours LED's, plenty of wattage

ATI Radeon x800 PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onboard 6.1 Sound Card with K8N Pro - the Gigabyte boards have v. good sound cards

LG GCC 4520B 52x24x52x16

LG GSA-4081B DVD+/-RW Super Multi DVD Rewriter

160GB Seagate SATA - Seagate are one of the few companies that make true SATA drives, and they compete with 10k RPM SCSI drives. also, they are virtually silent

Windows XP Pro OEM

Sony 21" GDM-5411 - yes, a 21" monitor!!

Logitech X-620 6.1 - 6-channel really good speakers

Logitech MX500 - 5 button optical

Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard

------Total: $2076.81------

overall: silent, can process 64-bit, performs incredibly well, and at a good price (for the parts it has)

apokalipse said:
I took a while - I'm australian so it was harder for me to find these parts - but I think you'll be extremely happy with what's in my attachment

it contains:
Gigabyte K8N Pro

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ - outperforms P4E's and P4EE's, can process 64-bit

Thermaltake Venus 12 CPU cooler - quiet, good cooling, and looks good

2x512MB Kingston PC3200 - a gig of reliable RAM

Thermaltake Damier V5000A - v. good case, lots of room, really good cooling

Thermaltake Purepower Butterfly 480W - silent, 7 colours LED's, plenty of wattage

ATI Radeon x800 PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onboard 6.1 Sound Card with K8N Pro - the Gigabyte boards have v. good sound cards

LG GCC 4520B 52x24x52x16

LG GSA-4081B DVD+/-RW Super Multi DVD Rewriter

160GB Seagate SATA - Seagate are one of the few companies that make true SATA drives, and they compete with 10k RPM SCSI drives. also, they are virtually silent

Windows XP Pro OEM

Sony 21" GDM-5411 - yes, a 21" monitor!!

Logitech X-620 6.1 - 6-channel really good speakers

Logitech MX500 - 5 button optical

Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard

------Total: $2076.81------

overall: silent, can process 64-bit, performs incredibly well, and at a good price (for the parts it has)

daaaamn! that looks pretty good, I won't bre buildin my rig for another month, so i'll have plenty of time to look at parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom