Anime Rage Quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Sort of came to the conclusion this morning that I am no longer into anime. okay, there might a few things here and there that I will watch. But in general, I lot of it is just going.

Firstly, I can not say I have been rather impressed with much that has been coming out of japan since evangelion. Evangelion is a perfect example where you can finish off a good series by producing a lump of crap of putting the title's name on it.
And the problem is that Evagelion cause a magor flashflood for booth japan and the west of anime series. And a lot of them series are just crap. The stuff that was coming out before Evagelion was much better than the **** that has been coming out now.

I am sick and tired of the same jokes and plot devices being used to the death. The usaul boy meets alien being part of the love triangle which only happen to be the tip of the who loves who is some thing i got bored with long time ago.
Plus there is the long and drawn out fight scenes. Just when you think that a character could not become any more powerful, he comes up with a new combat technique that makes him stronger. Well if you where really that good in the first place, why where you holding back so long. Oh yeah, I forgot, you wanted to sell more DVDs/Manga Issues.

I am sick and tired of the fans. I hate the ani-nazi's that just think they are so much better just becasue they have seen the XYZ series. Good for you.
I hate the ani-nazi that seem to want to dump **** on american comics as they are complaining the writers for keeping a story going on and on just the for the sole purpose that it make them money. Hello... Dragon Ball GT or Naruto Filler Arc anyone? Or that a manga is so much better because the writters that just keep the story going on and on for about 10 years. Yeah, tell you why? Most of it was extremely long and drawn out fight scene which where most of the dialogue was "Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!!!!".
3 years of a marvel comic story arc, eg The New X-Men Grant Morrison run, as a lot more lot plot and substance than a entire series up to date with Bleach.
This brings me back the dialogue of "Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!!!!". Is that just the script, or is that words of the reader when they realise that how much money they just spend on serveral pages of "Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!!!!".

I am getting sick and tired of how populare anime and manga has become over the years. I remember many years ago when it was this small thing that only a few close friends where into. Now every one is into it. Ever had a favorite band that when from Independant to Mainstream. Pretty much the same thing.
I hate it how the art style seem to be getting influnaced in the american comics. I am going through some scans of some earlier X-men comic books, and all I can say is, when the **** did Wolverine ever look like this.

I am sick and tired of the stereo typing. You say that you are into anime to some one and the immedate mental image in the other person mind is You watching Pokimon. Or worst till, this mental image is You fapping to Urotsukidōji.

I am stick and tired of some one grown up still acting like a 5 years old. I know this one person that is about 35 years old that drive around in a car with the number plates of Naruto. The entire back of the car is filled with anime plushies. We are not talking one or two. We are talking the entire back seat and boot space. His normal week end fashion sence is him wearing a Naruto Tracksuit jacket and a Yu-Gi-Oh backpack and a Innu-Yasha neck lace. If there was a comic book or anime convention on, i would define this as normal human behavor, but this is every week end.

I am stick and tired of listening to people going on about how Rei Ayanami is cute. Hello. She's a cartoon character and she 14 you pedophile.
I am also getting tired of people who just watch a TV series just because the character is cute. Who cares about the plot. It that this cartoon character is cute. In the words of Eddie Murphy "If the *****'s green? There is some thing wrong with it."

Over all, I am looking at my interests into anime for the last 18 years. I have to say that I liked it when it was starting out. I am not happy with what is become.

Currently i am cleaning out my DVD shelf, I am keeping a few of the classics like Akira, Crusher Joe, Iczer1 (Iczer3) but the rest of it going on ebay.

Anime. It's been a nice ride, but time to move on.

I know what ya mean. Sick of people who look more at the visual effects rather than get into the plot or the character development. It's always "aw dude that anime guy/chick is hot" or "there's a story to it? it just looks cool to me".

Another thing I can't stand is anime nerds who learn a few japanese words and use them in an english sentence so they get asked "what does _____ mean?" and then they get to feel special by going on a rant about how kami is god in japanese and whats even lamer is when they get it WRONG. anime is cool and all but some people need to get a life.

Ive never watched a full anime series, I tried both Full Metal Alchemist and Elfien Laid (sp?) and I cant stand them. Anime is just one thin i will never get.

should it matter to you who does what...thinks about what...blah blah blah?

example:
I am vegetarian...I don't go out to bars, I don't party, I don't objectify women, I am not a sexist, I don't cheat, I am faithful, I don't have any "ink", I don't care about brands, I don't like cellphones, I don't wear jewelry, I don't like sports cars, I like to watch animal documentaries, I like dinosaurs, I like asian cinema...I like anime

Now...I said that because even though I don't fit in with most "guys" and know most "girls" think that is lame...I couldn't give a hoot. I do things for me and don't need any attention....and I do things for the person that will be a part of my life. Being "cool" for others equals "stupid" to me.

As for anime...I like it, but not all of it. Saying I am a fan of anime or manga...I would say I have only seen less than 1% and I only experience that which I think might interest me.

To me, even if anime sucks NOW...it is what it is...you will have the good with the bad. They are all subjective to each person....HOWEVER, what truly does suck and is lame are the WESTERN anime ripoffs....the faux manga and faux anime...that just sucks to high heaven....utterly utterly lame and exploitative. Can't just draw someone a certain way with your own style...but you have to try and copy it in some generic formulaic mold. Now that's TRASH.

;)

there will be dweebs for every facet of humanity, from the frail dork...to the overly hairy or greasy macho man....just be normal :D

I like many of the more classic Anime. Cowboy Bebop, Evangalion, Trigun, Ghost in the Shell. Many things like that. I have some Naruto, I have Full Metal. I have DBZ and DB GT. But i have not watched Yu Gi Oh or Pokemon. I have nto gotten all into it.

I watch it for fun when i can. I have yet to finish Trigun, GITS and many more. There are some that i never heard of that i have watched. I dont think i am a freak i just like to watch them from time to time.

Nintendo, Sony and many other things were started in Japan as well. Along with many great car lines. Should those have stayed over there as well? :p

Anime is awesome and all but there's just too much of it. People who made series that are stupid like Bobobobobobobobobobobobo or w/e it's called need to be shot.

There's also all types of false anime like "Totally Spies" which taught young girls how to be whores by having the 3 middle school aged stars dress skanky and have multiple boyfriends each episode and Code Lyoko which just sucked.

True anime has a great storyline and plot, bad anime is just a cartoon with anime staples such as anger marks and sweat drops that they use out of context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom