AMD&Intel dual core duel, lmao!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMDs next line up has been out in word for a while now so what are you talking about? I think almost every piece of deatil on the M2 can be googled and found. Intel has been on DDR2 for quite some time now but AMD is still whoopin *** w/ DDR. Now AMD is making their own memory architecture for DDR2 and im sure it will be ALOT more efficient than Intel, not to mention OCing to WAY beyond Intel expectations. If the next gen goes the same way this one did Intel will be far behind in the works of AMD. Also, id rather only have one processor right now and its OCed to 2.5. Id like to see some PentiumD keep up w/ that.
EDIT: Wow im suprised i missed this. Do you not realize what your saying Horndude? Your defending Intel yet your giving them more to defeat the less. Your saying you need to buy 2 Ds to get the same and more then the one X2. Do you not realize how pathetic that sounds?

Not surprising on these forums, but it seems not too many are following the new line of Intel chips coming out.

The new mobile dual core they just released, Yonah, performs basically on par with the x2 line. Now this is the mobile line, running on 166 FSB.

The desktop line will be out in June/July (approximately) and will run on an expected 266FSB (possibly even 333), and will be clocked at the high end around 3Ghz. Keep in mind these clocks are more comparable to current AMD clocks, not P4 netburst clocks.

In all likelihood Intel will be in the lead with this new round until AMD does something to counter act it. I am not sure if M2 is enough to do it either.

If anyone has followed the Dothan OC'ing scene, they will know the potential of this architecture.

P.P. Mguire said:
AMDs next line up has been out in word for a while now so what are you talking about? I think almost every piece of deatil on the M2 can be googled and found. Intel has been on DDR2 for quite some time now but AMD is still whoopin *** w/ DDR. Now AMD is making their own memory architecture for DDR2 and im sure it will be ALOT more efficient than Intel, not to mention OCing to WAY beyond Intel expectations. If the next gen goes the same way this one did Intel will be far behind in the works of AMD. Also, id rather only have one processor right now and its OCed to 2.5. Id like to see some PentiumD keep up w/ that.
EDIT: Wow im suprised i missed this. Do you not realize what your saying Horndude? Your defending Intel yet your giving them more to defeat the less. Your saying you need to buy 2 Ds to get the same and more then the one X2. Do you not realize how pathetic that sounds?

ok, for the simple minded around here that just cant seem to grok this idea:
price one AMD X2 and mobo
price 2 pentium d's w/mobos, or even better yet, one mobo and 2 pentium d's

compare total performance vs price,isnt hard

I dont set the prices, yes 1 AMD X2 beats one pentium d, but one X2 costs about double what one pentium d does........which opens the door to add an extra CPU for the same price.

I dont care which brand is better at the moment, this is not fanboy related at all, just calling it like I see it........I do not control the prices or what these chip makers decide to do. But if you can buy 2 chips for the same price as one made by someone else and come out ahead, people will do it. Right now, that is the case with the dual core cpu war going on.

Probobly this biggest waste of my time ever. You need a warning on this one "Not funney, but extremely boring and nothing you don't already know"

That would be great.

horndude said:
ok, for the simple minded around here that just cant seem to grok this idea:
price one AMD X2 and mobo
price 2 pentium d's w/mobos, or even better yet, one mobo and 2 pentium d's

compare total performance vs price,isnt hard

I dont set the prices, yes 1 AMD X2 beats one pentium d, but one X2 costs about double what one pentium d does........which opens the door to add an extra CPU for the same price.

I dont care which brand is better at the moment, this is not fanboy related at all, just calling it like I see it........I do not control the prices or what these chip makers decide to do. But if you can buy 2 chips for the same price as one made by someone else and come out ahead, people will do it. Right now, that is the case with the dual core cpu war going on.

okay... but prices is a very loose argument as to why one is better. Of course prices will go down.
and think of this, maybe intel is slashing their prices really low just to compete with AMD, that means that the Pentuim D is not going down any farther. Maybe their selling the pD with negative profit just like microsoft did with the xbox(i believe thats correct) so that people will gain faith in the product so when the next one comes out the prices might be even higher.
------------------------------
complete speculation! just thought it up as a "what if" question. for all the people who like intels heres a "what if" for you...
------------------------------
AMD is going bankrupt and is selling everything really high to pull themselves out of the grave they dug them selves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom