Air ionizers/purifiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Do air ionizers/purifiers really work for getting rid of dust? My room is utterly rediculous for dust... My parents buy cheap air filters for our house's air-exchange system, and they refuse to buy anything better. My room gets a layer of dust on everything very quickly, I've gotta dust everything atleast once every 3 days to keep things clean. As well, to make things worse, I've got slight allergies to dust.

Would buying a small air ionizer/purifier do any good for getting rid of dust? I'm looking at one of those floor models that stand up like a column, and all the dust sticks to this rod that you can pull out and clean. Is it worth spending the money on? If it works at all, I'll definately spend money on it (Ironically, I was going to buy a case with better air management and filters, just because of dust, but a better solution would be to get rid of the dust directly.)

I was wondering the same thing. My room always has a layer of dust.. to make things worse all of my furniture is black. Im always cleaning the filters in my case. Ive used uncountable swiffer dusters... maybe Newfoundland is just really dusty lol :)

I've read a few reviews of a certain Honeywell air purifier, and according to most customers, it actually does reduce the dust by a considerable amount... It costs about 120 bucks.

yeah, i'm looking into something to filter dust too, the filter system in the building i'm in is abysmal. just the other day when I went to open my case (opened it 3 weeks before) the side fan became completly blocked off by layers of dust.

As long as it's a good brand, apparently, it'll work. None of that as-seen-on-TV crap... And it has to have HEPA. I'm getting a second-hand Honeywell off eBay tonight, supposed to be a good one ;)

What about a small filter than you could place over the vents? It wouldn't make sense for a whole house, obviously, but for just a bedroom i think it would work.

Snake-Eyes said:
What about a small filter than you could place over the vents? It wouldn't make sense for a whole house, obviously, but for just a bedroom i think it would work.

I don't even have a vent in my room. It just comes from seemingly nowhere, even if I keep my door shut all the time... It obviously seeps through somewhere. I don't have any carpet in my room, so there's no dust being trapped there... I wouldn't be able to tell you where it's coming from, other than the fact it's related to the houses crappy air-filters.

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I bought a Honeywell HEPA air purifier a week ago... It reduced the dust like 100%... One week, and there is ZERO dust buidup in my room. I had to normally dust once every three days, but this is great... I have to keep it on medium setting 24/7, but the small amount of noise is worth it.

gratz! I've always wanted to get a small one just for my bedroom to keep out smoke (people in house smoke, but i hate it) and eliminate dust to keep my speakers clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom