Addicted....a bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my school we all use laptops so I usually sit on this forum... that is from 7.50 am to 3.00 pm. When I get home I usually get something to eat, and then I use my other much better com. I transfer the files i've gotten during the day, typically episodes of stuff, and then I watch that. I go buy some cola and watch TV/ play com for the rest of the evening...
during weekends I usually pack my com´s and go to a friends house and play with him.
My life is based on sweet sweet routine...

I had the boss's wife complain that her husband spend too much time on the PC

my parents have started complaining more and more. i used to be out on my bike all the time, but am going out less and less now. they think i need more exercise. but like Snake-Eyes said, i mostly just listen to music on it.

I sit in front of a computer all day at school, then go to work at Staples to help stupid people with their computer problems, then go home and program or game.

Addicted? Probably, but not to the point where I have to be sent to a mental institute (I visited China, I am probably considered one of those people).

The thing is, I am NOT addicted to games, I used to be addicted (as in play everyday) but I do not go crazy even if my characters were deleted or some items were stolen(I'd find the person steal it back, go to his house and burn it...but wtv). I have a computer built for gaming, I am barely using it, I am swapping in a new motherboard once I get the money (probably a DFI), so I can overclock my CPU more (current board really sucks balls).

So half the time I'm on this computer, I basically browse through forums I am intrested in(Asian Pop culture+music/Anime/Cars/Computers/Airsoft), I do that while listening to online radio or my own music. Then the rest of the time I design stuff on photoshop or find new ways to make my rig look cleaner or finding upgrades for my computer.

My parents always yell at me about the computer, they even threaten to take away my internet. But seriously, if they did I would just use my neighbors'(their wireless internet isn't encrypted with a WEP).

I guess they kind of understand now that I actually do things on the computer besides games, and I probably knew more stuff about computers back when I was 10 years old, than any of the seniors Tech guys in my highschool.

Your parents will change their mind once you make your career computers.

and honestly, once your career is computers you may not be so addicted anymore.

I think Brady Hit the nail on the head. I use to be very very addicted, spending 8-10 hours playing games on my pc. Now i have a job working 45+ hours a week as a Desktop Support Technician, and im bored now. Besides the 45+ hour work week, i own my own computer repair business. So when im not working for this company, im working for myself! Unless im working, which i am rght now, im rarely ever on the computer now. I would say on average i spend 90-100 hours a week infront of a computer!

I am definately looking for a career in computers. I am not really great at anything else besides computers.

I'm also looking into starting a computer repair shop, but people around here do not "repair" their computers, if their 2000 dollar Dell failed them, they order one from Alienware....

They had a really nice computer repair shop at the shopping center only 5 minutes away, they had stuff for pretty cheap but they went out of business because not enough people are intrested, probably couldn't afford the rent.

Can't wait till I'm old enough to get a job, I want to work at a local computer shop, but like I said before, computers isn't a really BIG thing around here, so there wouldn't be a computer store within a half hour drive from here.

septoid2 said:
I'm not dependant, but using it is definatly a huge part of my life. Hardware and video games are two real interests I have. My main hobby is playing video games, or designing something for them, or programming something around them or modifying something lol. So really, I don't care. I'm not exactly a cool-guy-spike-my-hair-to-school kinda guy, and I'd kinda be considered a geek. But I don't care. I have lots of friends and I maintain a social life, and I work at a smoothie bar where I just got a promotion to assistant general manager, so I could care less about my popularity really.

Its weird. Its only in highschool that being smart sort of shuns you out from the "cool/popular people." It still doesn't matter to me though. I'm sure once I'm in university my social life is going to change dramatically, as being smart, well atleast I'd assume/hope so, is a trait you WANT in a friend haha. Same goes with adulthood. But right now I don't really care all that much, I'm just a teenager in highschool who just wants to get some good grades, play some computer games, and just enjoy life in general.

^ I like this guy, that's completely 100% true. In high school, people do shoot down the smart kids, but really the smart ones are those who are going to be successful and make money.

If you're parents yell at you about spending to much time on the computer... just say "Ok, I'll go smoke weed with my friends instead". They shouldn't give you anymore trouble about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom