SpywareStrike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syk

Baseband Member
Im about to pull my hair out once again, This pop up is so annoying!!!!
i cant do anything its always there....It brings up a bubble in the task bar saying System Instrusion Detected! then if u X it out it pops back up ....
its SpyAxe / SpywareStrike anybody have this or kno a way to delete this dam thing?

Follow these instructions carefully

Download ALL 4 programs and update them as soon as they are installed, this is very important, except for Hijackthis!.

Ad Aware SE Personal Free

Spybot Search and Destroy Free

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware Free

HijackThis Free

Ewido

Follow these steps

Delete the prefetch folder C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, this folder will come back on next reboot.

Delete all cookies and temporary internet files in the control panel.

Go to Start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, disable everything except your antivirus, click apply, dont reboot yet.

Download Msconfig Cleanup below

Msconfig Cleanup Free

Run Msconfig Cleanup after you unchecked the items you were told to uncheck and recheck, click "Select All", then click "Clean up Selected", then click "Quit".

Now run each spyware program 1 by 1. Running all 3 at the same time will slow most systems down.

When each program has finished scanning, remove everything.

For Microsoft Antispy, after it has finished scanning, some items will/might be on ignore, you will need to select remove unless the program is valid such as VNC Viewer, etc.

Now go to the recycle bin and delete everything that is in it.

When finished with the scans, reboot, and go into Safe Mode and run these scans again, remove everything they find, and then reboot back into Windows in normal mode. You dont need to run Hijackthis! yet.

Then run HiJackthis!

Save the log, copy and paste the log on www.techist.com
Do not attach the log, copy and paste always. This will make things go much faster.

I don't know if that was a joke or something, but that did absoutely nothing. That "msconfig" thing didn't even exist when I went to run it.. I'm sick of this pop-up, is there any true way to get rid of this annoying thing??

wth do u mean ms config doesnt exist somethings wrong with ur pc. When a windows file is changed that it cant even allow u to use msconfig i find it easier to reformatt rather than to troubleshoot.

GoBuffalo83 said:
I'm using Windows 2000. I went to run it and put it in, but no luck. :confused:

Please post a hijackthis log in the hijackthis forum and I'll help remove this infection.

Windows 2000 does NOT contain the Msconfig utility....hence you can't find it.

Windows 2000 does not have the MSCONFIG program that was provided with Windows 98.

You can use the Windows XP version of MSCONFIG.

Copy the file msconfig.exe from the c:\windows\system folder to the Windows 2000 c:\winnt\system32 folder.
Download the msconfig.exe Windows XP version file from our site if you do not have it easily accessible, this version will work with windows 2000.

if you download this file, save it to the c:\winnt\system32 folder so you can use the Start/Run method to access it, or save it to the desktop, that way you can access it by clicking on the icon it will create on your desktop.

Click | Start | Run | and type msconfig on the text box and click the OK button to start MSCONFIG
ignore the error messages you get about not finding the following files
config.sys
autoexec.bat
win.ini
system.ini
Click the startup tab
Check or Uncheck the check boxes of the programs you want to run or not run

Download Here

GoBuffalo83 said:
I don't know if that was a joke or something, but that did absoutely nothing. That "msconfig" thing didn't even exist when I went to run it.. I'm sick of this pop-up, is there any true way to get rid of this annoying thing??

First of all, CALM DOWN..seriously. Second, if you only read the part about msconfig in Warez's post, I suggest you read the beginning about the anti-spyware programs, the antispyware programs listed are very effective. And yes, post a HijackThis! log as well.
Basically all I wanted to say was calm down..not all spyware are easy come, easy go.

wolfeyes89 said:
wth do u mean ms config doesnt exist somethings wrong with ur pc. When a windows file is changed that it cant even allow u to use msconfig i find it easier to reformatt rather than to troubleshoot.

2000 doesnt come with it, thats why, unless you use the file from XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom