Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kid44

Beta member
Help!
First I am self taught and dabble with registry issues. Usually let a software program take care of them. Any help would be appreciated and hopefully use freeware as I do not have funds do to an injury.

Dell dimension 8300, xp prof. 6 years old.

1. Lost the ability to run msconfig and lost MY Computer which I now have shortcuts on the desktop to find.

2. Ran A squared with their malware and found these issues which I quarantined.
-Packed.Win32Krap!IK
-Adware.Win32.WhenU!IK
-Virus.Win32.Trojan!IK
-Win32.SuspectCrc!IK
-Gen.Trojan!IK
Adware.SuspectCR!IK

Assuming once quarantined that they are not removed.

3. At boot I get a message 'Instruction Ox7c9100e8 reference mem.
0X00000010 could not be read.

4. My Creative sound card SB Live does not always boot up. Need to
select it and then reboot.

5. Slow boot and shut down.

I know this is a lot of stuff but just found this forum and thought I would try to get some help.
Please walk through as if you are talking with a 10 year old, as my child knows more about these than I do. LOL

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dave
I use AVG.

1) so if you go start / run type in msconfig and press enter it will not start?

2) quarantined is not deleted buy not accessible. Take a run through the guide to ensure you are completely clean.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-asylum-osiris-updated-12-13-2009-a-165828/

3) not positivity but most likely a old program with a registry entry still trying to run.

4) Go to dell's website and download the latest driver for your sound card. Uninstall old drivers run driver sweeper Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com and install newest drivers.

5) Could be a lot of issues.

A re-installation of xp may be your best bet as it would solve most to all of your problems. This can be a bit complicated as you will need to back up all your data, get and install all of your drivers and reinstall all of your programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom