ok so i need some serious serious help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tman114

Baseband Member
i was using a p2p program to download some images for photoshoppin and it appears not to be an image at all although it has the jpeg icon it has not image and it will not delete
it will not be renamed
how can i get rid of it?

is it a virus?

It might be. With P2P programs you always take a risk with what you download. I would try to boot up into safe mode and while in safe mode, see if it's possible to delete it.

There are some bugs in xp, that is one of them; you can try delleating the parent folder(the folder the file is located in), deleating through dos(command promt) is useless through xp, as xp employs an emulation process and not the actual DOS code.

Download and install crap cleaner and ad-aware se.

Delete all the privileges of any users to the file. Make sure there are no processes running using the file. Try to delete the file.
Have a good luck!

i was using a p2p program to download some images for photoshoppin and it appears not to be an image at all although it has the jpeg icon it has not image and it will not delete
it will not be renamed
how can i get rid of it?

is it a virus?

Open hijackthis, click on none of the above just start the program, config, misc tools, delete file on reboot, browse to the file you want to delete, select it and then reboot with hijackthis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom