Computer won't restart/shutdown, font change on .txt firefox,weird behaviors

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Peter.Cort: I already saved import files I needed.

You should use Celcius when dealing with PC temps =). Those temps are fairly good, though. What kind of CPU is in it? My e6750 idles at 23-25C (but I have an aftermarket heatsink/fan on mine), and is around 44C on load.

The CPU is AMD athlon x2 dual core processor 4000+. I think it is overheating because Once it was 90F i put it on standby until it dropped to about 79F CPU temp. (I have a external display on the case that shows the CPU and CASE temp) and started it back on for another 4 hours and it is still going fine and since i didn't contiously leave it on for 12 hours it didn't act weird like it did one days before (and i remember it was started to act funny when the CPU temp. was 94F).

So, can anyone tell me if i undo overclocking (the professionals who build my Custom PC from ncix dot com overclocked it themselves and I never did anything) will it harm my computer in anyway. Also, since I never play games or anything that require a lot of processing power, if i undo overclocking will that make the computer slower for normal use (web surfing, watching movies, downloading, listening to music and reading ebooks) This is what the screenshot looked like when my computer first arrived:

untitled on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (click on "all size" for full size)

Also, is their any freeware that shows my cpu and other temp. on the LCD screen?

core temp

also if it's overclocked, it wouldn't be 2.1, cause the 4000+ x2 comes stock at 2.1

but depending on if they locked the bios, you could go in and change it back to normal settings. all you would need to do is go into the bios, usually delete, and hit the hotkey for fail-safe settings.

How do I go into the bios to undo overclocking and if i do change it will it affect my computer in a harmful way

Never mind about the heating issue because i was wrong since this time the problem start happening again and the temperature was low. I believe it is a registry issue since it happened as soon as i clearned some registry from cclceaner (Ccleaner.com) and I had to manually shutdownn again (tried CTRL + DEL + ALT didn't work) So what should I do know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom