Tab To New Window Annoyance In Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source Tab To New Window Annoyance In Firefox

Firefox 3.5 comes with an annoying problem that I'm not able to solve. The developers – for unknown reasons – have decided to make it possible to drag tabs which has the effect that they spawn a new Firefox window and close the tab in the old Firefox instance.
The big problem is that this happens from time to time without intention on my part. One way to activate tabs is to left-click on them. If that button is pressed to long and the mouse moved downwards just a bit it will move the website in the tab to the new window.

Well this is just down to people trying to be to speedy.

Move > Click > move is the answer, instead of Move > Click & Move.

It really isn't that hard, i have to deliberately try to drag the tab down if i want to replicate what you're somehow doing. :p

Sometimes it isnt us but the lag of the PC as well. We may move and click then unclick and move again but the PC doesnt see it that way cause it is also doing several other processes at the same time.

So it sees it as a click & move rather than getting that unclick in there.

That is what has happened to me. It isnt cause i am impatient or moving to fast. But because i am also doing several other things at the same time and my PC doesnt register the unclick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom