Firefox Freezing Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
its at 100% and firefox wasnt even up at the time so clearly. its not firefox..

cause it bumped from 2% to 100% with only msn, xfire and teamspeak on..

lol, that is on topic buddy and what does reading have to do with this.
anyway, if the other guys don't know what it is i would do a fresh install of windows and that will prob fix it. (have u run a virus scan)

lol, that is on topic buddy and what does reading have to do with this.
anyway, if the other guys don't know what it is i would do a fresh install of windows and that will prob fix it. (have u run a virus scan)

I have done lots.. Now i may seem mad and clearly, i am but not at you and not at any members. at my pc! their as been many problems with my PC.. And its getting frustrating and annoying.. Their always seems to be a problem. I am extremely careful with what i do and all the posts on tech forums are mainly problems i am encountering. I have the whole week off and i think i just may have to say bye to all my crap and give my comp a fresh install of Vista.

forget trying to backup crap i just wanna get this done and over with.

Look i can understand you are frustrated that everyone goes after you for your PC. Be it the cost or what not. But that is still no reason to break the rules. Sorry. He did not say anything all that bad. All he did was make a comment that you might not have a CPU that you state. Nothing that bad in that.

Now seriously please abide by the rules. You have bypassed the swear filter on your post above and that is technically another infraction and a week off. But i will give you a chance to calm down, edit the post and take a breath.

Now my question is this. Do you have a 32 Bit OS or 64 BIt? If it is 32 Bit that could be where you issues start. Since Vista 32 Bit does not play well with 4GB of RAM and that could be where your problems are starting.

The issue with Firefox i would say that the resources it is using are out of control. How many tabs do you have open? How much memory is it using? Have you tried to run the Firefox Optimizer app while running Firefox to see if it helps?

Look i can understand you are frustrated that everyone goes after you for your PC. Be it the cost or what not. But that is still no reason to break the rules. Sorry. He did not say anything all that bad. All he did was make a comment that you might not have a CPU that you state. Nothing that bad in that.

Now seriously please abide by the rules. You have bypassed the swear filter on your post above and that is technically another infraction and a week off. But i will give you a chance to calm down, edit the post and take a breath.

Now my question is this. Do you have a 32 Bit OS or 64 BIt? If it is 32 Bit that could be where you issues start. Since Vista 32 Bit does not play well with 4GB of RAM and that could be where your problems are starting.

The issue with Firefox i would say that the resources it is using are out of control. How many tabs do you have open? How much memory is it using? Have you tried to run the Firefox Optimizer app while running Firefox to see if it helps?

I have a 32 BIT OS. Since i am only running on Vista Basic. And i am pretty sure i am only using about 2 gigs of ram.... since i have 32 bit instead of 64. Well i only have 2 right now.. Like i said early my cpu usage goes up sometimes even if i dont have firefox open and it kinda lags my pc.... but it doesnt happen all that much.. usually only when i have firefox up than i notice it cause i am actually typing.
FireFox only uses 56 k.... and yes i am running FireFox Opt right now and still.. nothing helps..

Then it could boil down to the fact that you are using Vista Basic. I mean it is the lowest version of Vista out there. Didnt you say you got a Ultimate serial with the system?

If so why not get a real Vista Disc from Mr. Torrence and use your serial and install Ultimate? It is completely legal to do that. It is not hte media that is protected but the serial.

I would wager to bet that using Basic is not helping but hurting you in some way. Something is not liking Basic.

Then it could boil down to the fact that you are using Vista Basic. I mean it is the lowest version of Vista out there. Didnt you say you got a Ultimate serial with the system?

If so why not get a real Vista Disc from Mr. Torrence and use your serial and install Ultimate? It is completely legal to do that. It is not hte media that is protected but the serial.

I would wager to bet that using Basic is not helping but hurting you in some way. Something is not liking Basic.

..something is not likeing me.

That might do it. As i look as some of the specs i see that you have Dual GB Video Cards. That along with 2GB of RAM would be 4GB of system resources which would affect your system.

Don't ask me why, cause i really don't know the answer, but 32 Bit OS's seem to add the Video Memory and your RAM together to show you your total system Resources. While it may read that you have 2GB under the System Properties it acts like it has 4GB. This is why my system operates just fine. I have 3GB and a 256MB card. So i do not break the 3.5GB barrier that 32 Bit OS's seem to have.

So maybe taking it down to 1GB of RAM would help.

never had this problem before and i have been running vista since it came out i think.. and this problem only happened since i joined tech forums.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom