Dirt Cheap Dialup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbdoufo

Beta member
Hello all..

When I was a way newbe and bougth my first computer 3 years ago I went ahead and signed my life away to 3 years of Compuserve/AOL.. Since then I have wanted to scream with frustration. But thats a whole other story..

Now the contract is almost up and I have been shoping for really cheap dialup and have found quite a few..

My question is.. When i sighn up to a ISP and they only have one access # for my area Is that # some sort of router or something in order to handle several folks dialing in??

Or with that one # do I stand a chance of getting lots of busy signals.. I am just unsure of how this works.. I have been able to dial in successfully everytime since I signed up but I am usually surfing late at night..

I want relieable service but I don't want to pay much either as I am already paying for hosting stuff and don't want to drive my wife crazy with tons of internet related bills..

Thanks and have a great day!
DAve:D

What are the names of the companies?

I did tech support for cheapo dialup companies all over N. America. It realy didnt impress me too much.

Lets see here
all2ez.net
access-4-free.com

Those are the 2 I have an account with currently.. They are both working pretty good. But still just one access # in my area..

lol

for dialup, it should be cheaper than dirt. It is hilarious regarding the things they will do to make it "faster" precache pages, only partially load page graphics.

For the difference in broadband in price compared to dialup, you really should consider broadband alternatives. Dialup is such an outdated concept.

Yea they are all pushing that 5x faster stuff.. I can foresee many bugs in that if I were to try it.
Actually however regular dialup does me pretty good and is good for testing my webdesign page loadtime..

I don't do any file sharing or anything or downloading/uploading huge files.. So dialup does me just fine..

Remember too Its not all that outdated when over 70% of surfers are using it..

I have seen broadband for as little as $29/ month or something.. But compared to $4.95? My choice is obvious..

I have heard that Cox and SBC are in a pricewar. But it needs to come down some more for me to consider it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom