America ever getting solid MEGAbyte speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbzlotrfan

Solid State Member
Is this forsaken country ever getting decent download speeds across the crappy board? I may have ~350 KB/s (~3 Mb/s) but it feels like i'm still on crappy arse 56K. If I download anything from Steam (any of the larger games anyway) it takes upwards of TEN HOURS on this connection while on a meg or two it'd download it within an HOUR. We supposedly pay our ISP "extra" for upwards of a meg (probably somewhat less) yet we can't even get HALF . . . . By the time this country gets decent speeds the rest of the world will have upwards of terabyte (bits?) speeds and we'll be stuck with megs. :hrmph::madd::devil:

It depends on where you are and what time of day your trying to D/L...

This is what I have as of this afternoon. Tonight it's going to be different of course; More people will be home...
View attachment 5242

Attachments

• 1919075587.jpg
    1919075587.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 50
1919139877.png

From work. Yay for Chattanooga's EPB Fiber. ;)

I'm somewhat in East Texas - Around Plano/Fort Worth/Dallas. Regardless of what time of day I try the MOST I can ever really get is 350 (lest on this computer). On a laptop I have I can get upwards of a mega if I'm doing some other sort of downloading . . . . . .

892 milisecond ping? That's the longest ping I've ever seen, so you get a A LOT slower speeds than I do it seems. This is why I complain, regardless of the size of the country, the urban areas SHOULD NOT get have LESS than at lest half a meg (i'd think) if not 3/4 (750 KB). Again by the time this country gets meg across all 50 states the rest of the world will most likely have Gigabyte if not terabyte speeds probably IMO.

In Central Oregon, USA, at home.

Ping: 52ms
Download: 12.26 mb/s
Upload: 1.86 mb/s

But the graph line goes up and down like a roller coaster on the download speed. Got a C-. :(

Like I said in the earlier post... but I should have expected this for a Friday night

D/L - 15MB
U/L - 8MB
Ping 46ms
Grade - A-

Go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom