iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the phone speaker is any better?

Thats the biggest complaints I've heared about the 3g's, you need to be spot on to hear well out of the phone, and the speaker phones horrible despite eery other sound being great.

not sure if you realized but your not bound to just at&t anymore for the iphone. here in canada you can literally get it with any carrier...

Here in the US the iPhone can use only AT&T's 3G bands, as far as I'm aware.

but Will It Blend?

Srly, I am not about to break my current contact to get the new iPhone 4.

I am.

I have to agree with Poizen here, i think it's better than just about every other smartphone out there. The thing is built to such fine tolerances it's quite amazing, the build quality overall appears exemplary, and to me that counts a lot - its great to hold a product that oozes quality. And whether i like it or not, i'm 16 and still go to school, i need a cool phone :cool:

About the camera being only 5mp. it's not all about the mega pixels, as anyone remotely interested in photography knows, the optics is almost as important - as is the light sensitivity and processing technology for the image. I guarantee if you get a good but old ~3mp point and shoot it will outdo every camera phone on the market. And as Steve said, the iphone 4 does have a good sensor that is not found in other smartphones and great image processing.

I'm very interested in comparing the HD video to my camcorder. I'm sure there will be little comparison seeing as the camcorder cost around £650, but if it's as good as or better than cameras like the Flip HD then that'd be pretty good. It records using H.264, which is a good initial sign.

On apples website they seem to say the iPhones screen is better than OLED, really :confused: ?

this isnt just my iphone fanboyism talking but apple has done it again, they whent and blew every other smartphone on the marcket out of the water, better catch up boys. cannot wait to see the games that come out on this bad boy with the a4 proccesor ir it. also does the fact that its 336 ppi mean we wont even be able to see the pixels??? 720p recording for video is quite interesting to, il have to do a video comparison againts my d90 once i get one of these baby's.

There is nothing special about the a4, in fact it's just barely caught up with Snapdragon which has been available in android and winmo phones for a while.Once the new dual core snapdragon, Tegra 2, and Moorestown based phones are released Apple will be in last place from a hardware standpoint yet again.

It might be well-designed, but it still doesn't do everything I would want in a (non-jailbroken) phone.

Doesn't the android phone with the snapdragon processor get about half the battery life the iPhone does? I would much rather have a slightly slower phone that's still extremely high quality and has a long battery life then one that is slightly faster and has half the battery life.

Doesn't the android phone with the snapdragon processor get about half the battery life the iPhone does? I would much rather have a slightly slower phone that's still extremely high quality and has a long battery life then one that is slightly faster and has half the battery life.

Correct.

Also, maybe the HTC phones do have better processors, but there UI and apps still doesn't run as smoothly as even the 3GS, so whats the point ?

It might be well-designed, but it still doesn't do everything I would want in a (non-jailbroken) phone.

What else do you want ?

Doesn't the android phone with the snapdragon processor get about half the battery life the iPhone does?

Actually, I don't think so. I'll have to look it up when I get to work, but I seem to remember while I was researching the difference wasn't much at all. Certainly not enough to influence my choice :p
I'll get some numbers when I reach work tho

edit:
The HTC Desire and Nexus One have similar specs when it comes to battery tests, so I'll just quote the Desires.

Talk time on the Desire is 6 hours 40 minutes, talk time on the iphone 4 is 7 hours.
Standby time on the Desire is 340 minutes, compared to 300 minutes for the iphone 4
On overall usage, the iphone 4 has ~16% more battery life than the Desire. That's a 34% error there Oreo :p
So yeah, battery life shouldn't really be a selling point for one over the other IMO.

Here in the US the iPhone can use only AT&T's 3G bands, as far as I'm aware.

AT&T has an exclusive contract with Apple for the iPhone until the end of this year. Then again to run on Sprint or Verizon (in the states) Apple will have to create another phone entirely as T-Mobile and AT&T run on different networks the Verizon and Sprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom