Fastest custom PC vs. fastest Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have upgraded many of the comps you listed. Cases count as a upgrade.

Many Dell comps (and others you posted) come with PCIx slots. All can get bigger HDDs and more memory. And even if there is a plain ol PCI slot there are video cards for them too.

Il stick by my original statement;)

PS- even E-Machines of a couple of years ago with the tiny 180 watt PS could be upgraded. I have a handful of them in the closet if you want to see one..

PSS-I have traveled much of the world and you would be suprised what the rest are using, people can be very resourceful if need be...

markkleb said:
Many Dell comps (and others you posted) come with PCIx slots. All can get bigger HDDs and more memory. And even if there is a plain ol PCI slot there are video cards for them too.

You can upgrade any computer.
Macs are notorious for being difficult to upgrade, but its not impossible.

The PowerMac is a prime example of expansion. Its got four total PCI-X slots. One 16 lane graphics slot, one 8 lane slot, and 2 four lane slots. It also has room for 16 gb of ram. The Power Mac G5 also supports up to two 500GB Serial ATA hard drives for up to 1 Terabyte of storage.

So you CANNOT say that macs can't be upgraded.
I even upgraded my pithy little iBook to hold 1.25 gb of RAM. :)

I never said Macs couldnt be upgraded... I said Quote: Macs are nice if you do video/photos and dont want to upgrade.

Half of my family uses Macs, and I have modded a few. But its a LOT harder and usually more expensive.

Windows is good if you like getting viruses. LOL

Other than that, I can do anything I want with a Mac and a Linux box.

mac's are going to run faster and better because all of their hardware has always been inhouse as well as their software... we'll see how well they perform with intel chips on them now

The General said:
Windows is good if you like getting viruses. LOL

Other than that, I can do anything I want with a Mac and a Linux box.

If you using Windows download or buy Antivirus.. common sense..

I use one :) and never had one..

Or if you want no virus.. at ALL... just use Linux.. Like Kubuntu is good one.

Oh year.. why anyone going to making viruses for some stupid OS.. OS that SOOO little number of ppl use it.. What the freaking point?

Kdar said:
If you using Windows download or buy Antivirus.. common sense..

Why should I have to? I shouldn't have to worry about viruses. Common sense.

Kdar said:

I use one :) and never had one..

Great, you can't deny that most people have had one or have one. Some people even have more than one....

Kdar said:

Or if you want no virus.. at ALL... just use Linux.. Like Kubuntu is good one.

DUH! THATS WHY I USE LINUX AND MAC OS X!

Kdar said:

Oh year.. why anyone going to making viruses for some stupid OS.. OS that SOOO little number of ppl use it.. What the freaking point?

DUH! THATS WHY I USE LINUX AND MAC OS X!

You really need to stop posting in this section:

1. No one cares what you have to say.
2. Most of what you say is either nonsense, or blatantly obvious.
3. You provide nothing to this section of the forum but headaches and wasted time responding to your absolute nonsense.
4. We don't like you here. You posting here is like walking into a room full of black people with a shirt on saying "I hate black people, and I am a racist."
5. Stop posting here.

Ok.. so it all comes to.. it OS that makes difference in virus and all other crup..

But what about Hardware.. The Power of the comp a?
Can you upgrade Mac.. No really..
You I say better of get PC..

I just trying to help our PC used.. to stay where they are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom