80mm Dvd discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_booto

Baseband Member
Hey just a question,
i bought a new sony DVD handycam and it uses 80mm dvd discs. I got one of the new Imacs and i dont really wanna stuff it up by gettin a mini dvd stuck in the super drive. i was wondering if anyone knows if i can use these discs in the Imac, coz i really want to start doing some video editing.
thanx in advance..

do you mean the IMac that sucks in your cd or dvd or a IMac that you have to put in a tray and secure it you know what i mean. If its the one that pulls in your cd and dvd then no it wont work. If its the one that you have to secure it down then yea it will work.

Yeah, if its a Tray-Loading DVD drive, then no problem. But if it's a Slot-Loading DVD drive, it might get stuck. But, seeing as how the 80mm CD-ROMS work with the slot load drives, then I suppose a DVD would work too... Just have a straightened paper clip handy if you decide to try it.

so it is possible with the slot loaded one? wouldnt i have to get it like perfictly straight? and i dont really feel like stickin any thing in there to help it either....

Okay, I tried it out this weekend, on my iMac and on my iBook, the 80mm CD/DVD's will work just fine in the slot loading drives. When the computer pushes them out, you kinda have to grab at them, but they will work. (however, the DVD did get stuck in the iBook and I had to fish it out.) :)

its cool thanx for ur help. I'm not gonna risk putting in a mini dvd. i bought a eMac resently and i'll just buy a super drive 4 that (if possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom