Wirless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

MdM31

Solid State Member
hey i have a wireless network along with a few other people in my neighborhodd. It is a neighborhodd with about 10 houses and a few of us have wireless internet. My neighbor was using a wirless laptop and detected many signals. He said mine was the stringest except it was unlocked. How can i lock my wireless interent so anyone picking up my signal cannot hack into my files and such? I know i have the windows firewall and a norton internet securtiy firewall that are both installed and running at on right now. ayn ideas that will help?
Sincerly,
Mike

yeah, do u have a router? etc.. if so you need to go into your router and set up ur encryption... then set it up on ur computer with the same encryption code... 64 or 128 bit... up to you.. the stronger the erncrpyption the slower the files are transferd because they need 2 be decrypt but the stronger the encryption the harder it is to crack into it with a decrypter.. but yeah just log into your router if u have one... and turn ur decryption on... if you tell me exactly what kind of network you have i can help you out more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom