Wired Network Adapter that work with window 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonifide_C

Baseband Member
I have already bought several and none work with window 7 even after trying to find the driver for it online.

I don't want to be stuck with wireless. Anyone know any model that work with window 7?

Thanks

the integrated realtek on my laptop works fine. the machine was built for vista and worked out of the box with 7.

sure its not a driver or config issue? what happens when it doesnt work? check device manager, ipconfig, and event viewer

the integrated realtek on my laptop works fine. the machine was built for vista and worked out of the box with 7.

sure its not a driver or config issue? what happens when it doesnt work? check device manager, ipconfig, and event viewer

It said network controller not found. Like for linksys they have the chatroom with the linksys agent and they tell me they don't have any window 7 driver for any of their wired network adapter.

Try installing the Vista driver for it instead (assuming there is one); they often work very well.

I have D-Link DFE-528TX NIC card inside and works fine with WIndows 7 x64.

Thanks pcsluzba, I did a bit of research and there is like only one adapter that work and fortunately it was available at fry.

Its the D-LINK DGE-530T!

Rep added

If it doesn't have a cover, you should be able to see a chip with a brand written on it.
Usually a wired network card will use a Realtek chip, and a model number (8110C or something)

Then you can just put that into google and find a driver directly from the chip manufacturer, instead of Linksys/D-Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom