Suggestions for my network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Now that I am an Admin, what do you all suggest that I use for software to monitor the network with? What tools can I use to deploy programs with? What scripts will be essential to use? Anyone use LanSurveyor? They let me build my own pc to my likings. They use IBM's and I dont like them at all. I basically ordered the same one that I use at home, the one i posted in Off Topic. What should I look out for everyday? Is there any license managing software that would be good to use? We used to to VNC, but I use Remote Assistance because it is much faster than VNC, I'm talking about the refresh rate and lag time for VNC, its so slow, thats why I use RA and its free. I was thinking about Radmin 2.2

Where I work, about 60 pcs
In MI, about 1500 between the 4 quad sections

I remote to their pcs all the time and I will be making monthly trips there

The best thing I can offer is not to change/add/remove anything... The reason why is, Its been rather efficient prior to your start right ?

I would defiently only change something if you are experiencing a loss of efficiency.

I know thats not what you wanted to hear.. but Don't fix it if it ain't broken right ?

ive already dont a lot of that. made things run a lot better, for instance, I got rid of the rf's and installed laptops instead, installed wireless handheld printers on the reach trucks also instead of going around the to label printers and find their labels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom