Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGJOE

Solid State Member
My old Linksys wireless router went bad .... I bought another one and asked my computer guy to get it going for me .... it is working great expect for one thing .... Every 10 minutes, and I mean exactly 10 minutes I lose wireless availability ..... I click on the icon on the bottom of the desk top and a window pops up and asks me to connect ... I click connect and I have wireless again .... This happens, like I said, every 10 minutes exactly .... My computer guy is out of town because there was a death in his family and I do not know when he will back and this is driving me more goofy than I already am ... Can anyone help please???

My laptop is a Compaq presario 2100 with a built in wireless card ... Like I said it was working perfectly with the old router and it happens every 10 minutes with the new one ..... I think my guy did something to my laptop to time out but I can not find it ... is this possible??? Thanks Guys ....

I tried that already and it did not work ... This is unreal ... I mean exactly 10 minutes ... You can set your watch by it .... Thanks anyway

acces the routers settings and see if you can find anything (mostly just type 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.0 in your browser, check the manual)

Disable "IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network" option. It will be available under Authentication tab of Wireless connection properties.

killians45 said:
Disable "IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network" option. It will be available under Authentication tab of Wireless connection properties.
killians, that did it... Thank you so very much.. I have lived with this for a month and that was all it was... can not thank you enough.. damn, that was annoying..LOL...

I am not going to hurt anything leaving that unclicked am I??? Thanks again my friend....

Thanks for everyone else who tried to help me.. Great forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom