please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hi there..will here is my problem...a while ago i needed to forward a port so i had to creat a static ip
http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm and i did that.
today i unpluged my modem so i would assume that modem got reset and got a new ip and iam not able to connect to the intrenet through my router anymore..how can i fix this ..i tried setting everything back to its original status , i set it to obtain ip atuo ,but still its not working,i looked at my router config page and under DHCP it shows 0z i tried renew and release but it still 0z ,i would assume that also had something to do with it ....please help
thanks alot

If you can access the router config pages, then the TCP/IP settings are ok for the time being, you can re-setup a static IP once you're up and running.

It sounds to me like you router isn't getting a connection to the internet. You need to configure the router to work w/ your ISP.

Is this Cable or DSL? Or something else?

will its cable..its road runner....
see i tried setting a new static ip but it didnt work,

ya , thats what iam doing now...
ok i have a dlink 524 when i type the routers ip in a browser it opens the config page...in there under wan i have 0z
i tried clickink chsp renew and release ..same thing still 0z

Ok on this computer that is connected to the internet open up command prompt and do ipconfig /all

Write down the MAC address (Physical address). Go into your router and find the setup page that has the "MAC cloning". Look around for it, I don't know exactly where it is. Put that MAC address of that computer into the router, then connect the router to the modem again, and see if you can obtain an address. Afterward plug your computer onto the router.

Do ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew on the computer if you have to obtain an address from the router.

ok..now i talked to rr..and no good...i talked to dlink tech support and they told me to rma my router becouse its not getting an ip.....
and all what i had to do is this.....hmmm...lol...
thanks alot man ....everything seems to work fine....iam online using my router..
thanks for your help law...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom