NIC Card issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi, I have an older PC, say 10 years old with an OS of XP pro on it. The problem I am having with it is multiple times it times it boots up, it shows the the network connectivity icon in the system tray ever I turn it on. It show whether there is connectivity or not to the net. In my case 9 times out of 10 it does not. The NIC card is about 1.5 years old.

What could be causing this issue and how can I solve it? I am sick of this happening. I appreciate any help given. :)

thx

it may that your nic isn't connected properly or the wires (if you have any) that are bringing the interweb to your pc may not be connected properly i.e. they are loose.

Yes you need to download the one from Oct 07 and install it. you need to then reboot in order for that driver to take hold and be the one in use.

Yes you need to download the one from Oct 07 and install it. you need to then reboot in order for that driver to take hold and be the one in use.

Mak, I deleted current driver, pointed nic to new driver but it is not retaining it. Just picks up previous version. Any ideas how to fix this? :confused:

thx

EDIT: Trying to get 1 of my computers hooked up and accessing the internet. When I try and do an ipconfig, I am getting all zeros. Then when I try and type ipconfig /renew, I get the following msg "An error occurred while renewing interface local area connection 6; the RPC server is unavailable". What is causing this and how do I solve it?

Also, when I try to use the install the correct drivers for my NIC card, the correct date should be 6/3/09. When I look at device mgr, network adapter it says device is working properly and when i select driver tab, the date of the driver is 10/6/06. I have no idea why this is happening. Any help is appreciated. NIC is a dlink 530TX+

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom