Network. New comp now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

In Runtime
Yes yes Im back again with more questions.

After fixing my network connection last monday (bad adaptor) I decided, since we were having a garage sale on Satruday, to get a new computer and sell the old one.

So I did that. I built the computer and after a lot of work (first time builder here) got it to start up. Then I got windows installed. Alright!

So the motherboard comes with a network adaptor. I plug in the network cable and do the Network connection wizard thing. No internet.

I am really burned out right now because I was up at 5 this morning getting my new comp up and formatting all the stuff on the old comp, then went to work, then came home and had to sit out in the hot sun all day for the garage sale. So I really cant think very well.

The host has Windows 2000 pro (which is NOT compatible with the Windows XP disk, so I dont think I can do the network wizard on it) but my comp is XP, yet we had the network working for years.

ummm, the host computer is fine. The network was working on the old computer right up until I formatted it. So its fine there.

I just need to know how to set up the network on my new computer, please. Thanks in advance for your help.

If I could still remember your setup from an earlier time I think all you have to do is setup the host computer again.

Refresh my mind, how is the host computer connected? Let me guess..

modem<--------------USB-------->Win2000Pro host<========RJ45 ST======WALL/Hub?====RJ45 ST====>WinXP client

Just plug the USB cable to the modem, it'll show up in Control Panel/Network Connection. It should be just plug and play and everything should work. Try getting the host to get Internet first before setting up ICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom