Network Confusion - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the setting on the Routefinder and all nodes lost internet connection. I was still ok on my laptop though. I am probably doing something wrong. Please keep in mind that I don't have any networking experience and although I'm able to log in to both the Routefinder and the Wireless Router - I have no idea what I am looking at :confused: I'm kind of finding something that looks like what is being spoken about and changing it to be honest!

What setting on the routefinder? I just meant the subnet mask setting on the laptop.

I told you I know nothing :rolleyes:

Think I am going to go away and teach myself some network basics first. I am looking up all these terms as I go along so it's like reading a foreign book, trying to convert to my language and things are getting lost in the translation. I'm a very computer lit guy but not had any dealings in this before and I feel like a complete novice.

I appreciate all the help you guys have given but think this is a bit too technical for little ol' me :embaressed:. If someone thinks they can still help, feel free to post it up here as I am subscribed to this thread and am willing to try anything I can understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom