Need a new wireless router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt-Mess

Beta member
Hi i'm looking for good advice on what kind of wireless router I should get. Right now I have a WRK54G which that thing is extinct now.

I was hoping I could find a router with 10/100/1000 ports. I was looking at the D-link DGL 4300 but I was concerned with it not being a good wireless card for just doing regular internet browsing and downloading. And some say the security suck for it. And others say its great.

Here are some links to a couple that I was looking at.

I'm Also not to entirely concerned about price.

Newegg.com - D-Link DGL-4300 IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless Gaming Router - Retail

Newegg.com - D-Link DIR-655 IEEE 802.11n (draft) IEEE 802.11g IEEE 802.11b IEEE 802.3 IEEE 802.3u Xtreme N Gigabit Router - Retail

Newegg.com - D-Link DGL-4500 IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11a/b/g, IEEE802.11n Draft Xtreme N Gaming Router - Retail

Thanks for any Advice ahead of time.

I prefer DLink as they have been the best for me. But i would stay away from Draft N routers as the N prtocol has not been finalized and getting one now will not guarentee future cards will work with it.

I prefer DLink as they have been the best for me. But i would stay away from Draft N routers as the N prtocol has not been finalized and getting one now will not guarentee future cards will work with it.

I've had a few people tell me this. I had no idea so thanks again. I will indeed stay away cause I don't want any more problems than I already have.

I have a dell inspiron 6000 laptop. I'm not sure what the network card is since its Internal but Will the D-Link models work with it.

Any Wireless card should work. As long as you connect them correctly. I would refer to the owners manual for all the info on that. Each Router is different on how they do this. But for security reasons i would enable WPA for security on the router so that no one steals you wifi and does something that coudl get you into trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom