need help with networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should, once you connect to it successfully. Cache is a wonderful thing.

From the w2k machine do you see anything from its Network Places?

yes i see computer near me, i click that and i see the 2000 name (which im on right now) and the xp name (darren)... i click darren and it asks for the username and password... i type in the user i created which is shop and i put in the password... it didn't work because it had an error which read \\darren is not accessible. logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer... then i tried the guest and the password.. it said the same thing... now what?

You can't see the c: from my network place because it's a hidden share. You can only map it and you must have administrative right on each computer I think, then you'll be able to see it in My Computer as a harddrive.

Do you have your windows firewall enabled on either machine?

Do you have any AntiVirus or 3rd party Firewall running?

Also, Check to make sure the "Everyone" group has full permissions. You will need to change this back to the Read permission once you have connected.

Yes do that on both... You should have already been able to connect successfully at this point. I'm assuming it has to do with the renamed Workgroup. I personally would default them back to "WORKGROUP"... but thats me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom