Need help with linksys 54GL setup????

Status
Not open for further replies.

e40water

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, Ive got wire-less net out in rural Area, I got reciever on the roof, Now my issue is I wanting to use my linksys 54GL router to have wire-less net for my desktop and laptop to be connected. Also I have DD-WRT v24 (05/24/08) mini firmware installed LINKSYS 54GL router also using Vista for O/S . Problem I am having, I am unable to access the net, Its shows my router is beening broadcasted, But I dont know why the Icon on the bottom of my taskbar doesnt show the little globe indicating net is accessable. My understanding that something is beening missed, Also made sure my firewalls are disabled, And Mac filter is disabled as well, on router. I know my net connection is working, I am only able to connect the eithernet cable hardwired, Wire-less wont set up, I cant get anything to pass through the router. Anyone have a direct guide for me to follow, I am getting fustraded with going in a circle no luck, I know the router works, It been working before. Its got to be I am missing a key part to access the net.

Thanks guys.

ok...basic steps to check routing and router is first off, are you getting a ip from the router? IE at a command prompt on your system does a ifconfig command show your system has a ip address other then a default? and can you talk to your routers configuration page? if you can talk to your router (ie get into the configuration.) then when you check on the routers IP is it getting a IP different from a default IP from your ISP? Does your ISP require you to register your MAC with them? if so then cloneing your systems MAC to your router should fix the problem. If your router isnt getting a IP, then the problem is on the wan side of your router, or a cable perhaps. are you trying to connect to your wireless and using encryption, are you setup for the right channel, or wep/wpa key, etc. there's actually a lot to go over. my suggestion personally would be to go over a simple wrt setup via : How to Configure DD-WRT on a Wireless Router | eHow.com and then perhaps: Tutorials - DD-WRT Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom