Need and answer PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3dimindtr1cks

In Runtime
Hey guys I was wondering if someone can tell WHAT you are downloading on the internet if you are using their wireless internet. I am download some things and I dont want my parents to find out...Is there ANY way they can tell what i am downloading to my computer via THEIR router. Or is it impossible. I just want to make sure they cant tell what i am downloading from their PC and im using their wireless router for my connection.

Not sure about what kind of hardware you are using, but it IS possible... Higher end systems can use 'port mirroring' (I THINK this is only on switches), where data going out one port would be forwarded out another port for monitoring.....

I would have to say that whatever it is you are doing, on your PARENTS connection, would probably be a good idea to not do it... Also, if they can access your computer, then they will be able to find out what you are doing.

True if they have sharing files with your computer then obviously they can see whats on your computer. Depends how computer literate your parents are ;). If they just browser the web and dont have any technical abilitys then I wouldnt worry they wont notice you using the net.

If they know about router settings they can detect you using the net but wont no what your downloading, although my old router used to display an active log file which had what i was doing so check out the router settings :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom