Nat??

Status
Not open for further replies.

live_riderhd

Beta member
I am a complete novice when it comes to computers. I disabled NAT by accident on my router's utility page...when it specifically said that only advanced users should do this(not me...so I don't know why I ever did it...it was an accident). Now I can not get on the internet at all with my computer. And I can't seem to get back to the utility/ router configuration page on this computer(the other PC in our wireless network). The manual says to type 192.168.2.1(the router's default IP i guess?) into the address bar to get there. That is how I got there yesterday when I disabled NAT...and from that point on, I can't access internet from that computer. I am stuck. I guess I need to enable NAT to be able to get back on line on the other PC? But when I type 192.168.2.1 into the address bar of this PC, It won't take me to the router configuration page.

I have a Belkin 802.11g wireless router. Can anyone help me get my other PC up and running again please?

Thanks.

The easy way to fix your problem will be to restore defaults.

If you look at the back of your router, there should be a little button there labeled "reset". With the power still connected, you press and hold that button for a couple of seconds. The lights on the front will flash, and your router will be set back to the factory defaults.

At this point, you'll just need to go back into the router configuration, and change the settings for anything that you wanted changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom