My computer wont connect to my belkin network

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyokai

Solid State Member
Basically i have tried everything to get my computer to connect to my new belkin router. I only bought it so i could connect this pc and the 2 others in my house together and share the net (obviously) Its proving a ***** to set up properly. I have managed to connect one of the other pc's (the one left has no monitor at the moment) but my computer just doesnt like it at all. I tried to set up the router on this computer to start with, no luck, my computer didnt respond to any connection at all, it hadnt registered anything, the router was telling me that it was connected though, tried to go to the router set up page (192.168.2.1 in internet explorer) no luck, couldnt find it so it automatically searched the net for some reason.... Then i tried the same with the other pc. woo it worked. Tried the bundled wireless usb adapter on this pc. installed the software just as it said. then the software doesnt seem to start up at all. Nothing. Tried the usb on the other pc when it wasnt wired up to the network and woo! that connects, so whats the problem with my pc? any help would be greatly appreciated, i have no clue whats going on :(
cheers
Nyokai_x

Thats what you get for buying belkin routers. Check out all the PC's for spyware and virus's. Rule out your software first.

hehehe yeh nothing on any of them, i think its gotta be my computer, i just dont know why it doesnt wana connect to it at all! its so irritating..... thanks for the quick reply! was quite shocking... :) puzzling eh?

Check all your internet settings in tools>>internet options. Make sure that the proxy settings are not being used. Check your ip settings and make sure that it is set to obtain an ip automaticly. etc...

Hey man I have a belkin router too and I had the same problem trying to connect to it's configuration through IE. What you want to do is reset it by holding the reset down for 20 seconds. Now assuming that it's back to factory default setting and DHCP is enable you should be able to access the router. Belkin doesn't like to many different computer connecting to it's configurations so it will "cache" the last computer connected to it and deny any other if it could. That was the problem I was having. Hope it gives you some idea.

I also have a belkin router. I had to access my broadband modem and set it to Pass Through so that my router routed my IP's. Otherwise there were conflicting......

hmm il try the last two thanks a lot, il get back to ya n tell ya how it went cheers again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom